My iMac hates Xenforo.com. Why?

Firefox is the same, but thanks.
If it's the same in all browsers then you probably need to look at internet/firewall settings, any limitations in the imac settings, old apps that interfere with your connection... Also since when do you have this issue and is it really only on XF.com? Maybe there's something specific on XF.com that makes it stop loading, try look at where it stops in Firebug maybe.

If it's the same in all browsers then you probably need to look at internet/firewall settings, any limitations in the imac settings, old apps that interfere with your connection... Also since when do you have this issue and is it really only on XF.com? Maybe there's something specific on XF.com that makes it stop loading, try look at where it stops in Firebug maybe.
Yes, only on xf.com. I can open a new tab while xf is trying to load and have the new tab load a site completely while the xf tab still tries to load. The slow loads here have been on for a few months, but now at times the site is literally unuseable. Sometimes I see xf stall trying to to pull data from xenforo.net, sometimes it stalls at google analytics. I could try to check in firebug, but I wouldn't know where to look.

I saw some stuff around the web when I was at lunch today. Apparently, it's an issue. If I get a fix that works, I will post it.

Well, just my $0.2 cents but I am not impressed with the speed of XF on any Mac browser. Just clicking the "Insert/edit image" button takes several seconds - an operation that should be instant. I have a hunch the whole HTML5 implementation is rather immature, which will be remedied in future browser-upgrades. Even Apples own website isn't as instant as it used to be pre-HTML5.

Every once in the while the site just stalls for me as well. I just assumed it was a server thing, I've never gotten the half cut off page.

I always do the same as most of you do / open a new tab and go to any other site to check my connection. Never a connection issue so I normally just close the Xenforo tab, return in a few minutes and it's normally better :)

Every once in the while the site just stalls for me as well. I just assumed it was a server thing, I've never gotten the half cut off page.

I always do the same as most of you do / open a new tab and go to any other site to check my connection. Never a connection issue so I normally just close the Xenforo tab, return in a few minutes and it's normally better :)
Are you on a mac?

Well, just my $0.2 cents but I am not impressed with the speed of XF on any Mac browser. Just clicking the "Insert/edit image" button takes several seconds - an operation that should be instant. I have a hunch the whole HTML5 implementation is rather immature, which will be remedied in future browser-upgrades. Even Apples own website isn't as instant as it used to be pre-HTML5.
The insert/edit image button is part of TinyMCE and has virtually nothing to do with HTML 5. The reason it appears slow is that TinyMCE dialogs are in fact iframes, sending a complete HTTP request for their contents. It's one of the reasons why we would like to migrate away from TinyMCE once there is a viable alternative.

However, your blanket statement that XF is slow on Mac browsers seems somewhat ludicrous. Compared to what?

I have done a lot of google searches. It seems that there's a lot of this issue. It's not just one particular website though. Some people have a problem with website A, while others have a problem with website b. It's a really strange issue. There is no logical explanation I can think of.

Here we have....
  • 1 x iMac 27" i5 (Early 2011)
  • 1 x MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)
  • 1 x MacBook (late 2010)
  • 1 x iPad (1st Edition)
xenForo loads pretty fast (sub 2 seconds) on all browsers, apart from the iPad (Chrome, Safari and FF - all latest versions). Never seen a partial load or had a problem with slowness.

Hope this helps...

Top Bottom