XF 1.4 My first problem in several years

isma

Hello all!

After several years of good performance, something strange is happening to my xenforo.

- nobody can answer a thread because the box where we write the answers is missing.

upload_2016-5-24_18-4-11.webp

- when I log in on the forum, a new page appears, instead of the descending dark space on the top of the same page.

upload_2016-5-24_18-4-48.webp

- I cannot see the time when the posts have been written, just the day.

upload_2016-5-24_18-5-18.webp

- the user name on the top of the page is also missing, although it is visible on mobile phones.
- some links on the navigation bar are overlapping on my desktop.

upload_2016-5-24_18-5-50.webp

- If I push on the "I like" button of a post, it jumps to another page instead of adding a new "like" to that post.

upload_2016-5-24_18-7-57.webp

I have to say that I haven't done any change on the configuration of xenforo in the last months.

Is it a problem of malwares on my hosting company server or just a different configuration of it?

Thank you for your help.

Do you mean to upload the forum to the newest version? My forum has more than 1,200,000 posts and the process is a bit painful...

No. i didnt say database, just rewrite all forum files and go to yourdomain.com/communitypath/install

Download official files , luckily today 1.5.8 version was released which has some bug fixes :)
Overwrite your existing files
Go to yourdomain/install and thats it.

This won't have any impact on your posts:)

I am fairly new to xenforo, but that should work, again i hope it is not database problem!

If you have made no changes to XF prior to the problem occurring then it can really only be two things: something on the server has changed, something to do with your browser/device has changed.

If it is affecting all/many members then it is likely the server.

I have not done any change on my xenforo or my managed dedicated server in the last months. I am going to ask them if they have done some change recently.

This is affecting to all my users (300 at this moment)

This is their aswer:

"If you could, please clarify what you believe may have changed? I am not seeing any changes that were made recently in the notes that would cause the issues you are seeing."

Have you tested with a completely default style (including no ads)? If that doesn't resolve it, also try the default English language.

You ARE getting a JS error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined" This appears to be related to the phrases not being loaded in the JavaScript or something running out of order, but it's not totally clear why as of yet.

I would doubt it, as it appears to be something related to your specific setup and/or changes (given that I don't recall any reports of it). If my suggestions resolved the issue, then it will be down to one of the changes made (either to a template or a language).

Have you tested with a completely default style (including no ads)? If that doesn't resolve it, also try the default English language.

Great! I have set up default style in spanish and everything seems to work fine!!!

I have got to insert a message.

As I need the ads in order to have the site on I will try to find what is wrong although I do not know where to start.

Thank you!

Top Bottom