1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My development board mirrors my actual board

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Drae, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Drae

Drae Active Member

With each license we're allowed a development/practise board, and it's that board I am having problems with. A friend helped me set it up on my hosting and they both now mirror each other. This is great when I'm making skins for my own site, but I don't want to make a skin on the development board for another site and then enable it for approval only for it to show up on my actual board!

Anyone know how to unmirror it?
  2. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

It sounds like the development board and production board are using the same database, check your config.php files for each board (dev/prod) to see if that's the case.

You would need to have a separate database for development, otherwise changes made in development areas would automatically show up in your production board.
    Insy and Drae like this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

We had the same problem, we thought it had something to do with the caching we have enabled, do you know if you have any caching,
    Steve F likes this.
  4. Drae

Drae Active Member

Thanks! I'll check later today when I have access to my home computer and my notes XD (At work at the moment and don't have my cpanel password memorised yet!)

Not sure? To be honest I have no idea what all the cashing stuff does on Xenforo :X3:
  5. Drae

Drae Active Member

How do I change the database it uses? Where in the Admin CP?
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

This isn't something you can edit in the AdminCP. You'll need to edit the file.
  7. Drae

Drae Active Member

Will I lose the ability to login as the admin?

(Would it be easier to uninstall and reinstall perhaps?
  8. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

No, users will be loaded from the new database so you'll keep all.
  9. Drae

Drae Active Member

Thanks. But what if it a completely new database that I set up in my hosting for it?
  10. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

In this case, you'll need to make a new installation of XenForo and you'll loose all your current users.
    Drae likes this.
  11. Drae

Drae Active Member