My concerns about paid plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what is happening. The open hostility (of > 80% plugin developers?) towards someone who is trying to raise an issue for the GOOD of xenForo is alarming to be honest ... :/
Pardon, I do not see hostility and I am not a plugin developer. If I felt that spending my money on something that is expensive and prone to fail would be a bad choice I would not do it. It really is that simple.

and people with good intents....do not start off by insulting those they are supposedly trying to help.....
You told me to go f... myself and I am the one who is insulting anyone? Now that's rich :D

Pardon, I do not see hostility and I am not a plugin developer. If I felt that spending my money on something that is expensive and prone to fail would be a bad choice I would not do it. It really is that simple.
Welcome to the '<20%' then :D

You can't compare a free software to a commecial one and say it's expensive. The comparison would be wrong. And I totally disagree with the paid addon statement. The number of free resources are far more than paid solutions. I've used SMF before and it gave me no more than pain because of the manual template edits I had to do on every upgrade. Every product comes with a price whether you pay something or not.

Knowing most of the developers on this community and talking to them on a weekly basis, I can tell you that 80% is an invalid assumption.

A concern by default isn't an alarm for something that isn't actually happening, or happening yet.
You can go to say (random) IKEA and buy a closet. You pay for it.
A few years later the developer has been hired by another company and discontinues making those exact closets. And they're perhaps no longer in style, whatever .. You go back and find there's no closet, nor a good alternative.
It doesn't mean there aren't any other closets at IKEA you could consider. You can also decide up front to not invest in a closet. Whatever the case or preference is. You can create a concern, worried about someone moving on and making furniture for another company (for all i care he or she retires) and not buy a closet at IKEA. Or you pay for the closet, use it .. and you got what you paid for. You're not investing in the future of the developer, or buying a certificate that says you will get 3 maintenance releases, an extra set of screws a year later, and a new closet version in the future, or access to the wood to replace something when you upgrade your house.

Just saying.

Yes and I stand by that statement and I had a right to voice it. I have downloaded and bought ~70% of all AddOns here and tested them ...

+ I have been scammed out of my money by a 'developer' here (ragtek)

You told me to go f... myself and I am the one who is insulting anyone? Now that's rich :D

was not an insult...it was instructions if you took it as that...i left it open for a reason...GFY can mean GOOD FOR YOU .....you choose what it meant because you knew the response you should receive...

at least I didnt publicly call you out for what you are like you called out a community i call my homepage

was not an insult...it was instructions if you took it as that...i left it open for a reason...GFY can mean GOOD FOR YOU .....you choose what it meant because you knew the response you should receive...
Then don't mind if I respond y. c. g. f. y. a. f. y. m., y. s. m.f. :D

Yes and I stand by that statement and I had a right to voice it. I have downloaded and bought ~70% of all AddOns here and tested them ...

+ I have been scammed out of my money by a 'developer' here (ragtek)

At least you had the choice.
Rather then us crap developers telling you "we are simply not good enough. I invite you to do better yourself and code it yourself, we can't share our underpar resources, bye!"

It's an open market, someone is free to create their own code, even if a paid add-on exists, and share that with the community. As long as it's their own code and their own innovating approach to such a requested feature.

I'd say, go to php.net and get a good text editor; have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom