My advanced list of Questions

borgqueenx

Here we go! I hope that if you know some answers that you might be able to help me.
I think its weird that no real trial of xenforo is offered. i guess for being scared of piracy wich would be understandable. But because i DO need to know if xenforo can be my software and not having to throw away a whopping 140 dollar for a guild, i have some questions.

1. Is there a chat module with sound, where sound can be disabled wich is then also stored to account or in a cookie that the user wont receive sounds anymore? With being able to create 2 channels. one public, one for certain user groups?

2. is there a cheaper media gallery plugin? 60 dollar is expensive for just a plugin. maybe something more simple around?

3. For a xenforo site with media plugin, chat plugin, contact form, portal, polls etc, how much ram and cpu will it cost for around 25 people actively browsing at the same time?

4. Is it possible to let moderators give certain ranks/user groups to people and remove those again? users groups only the administrator can set.

5. Sidebars on the portal page with poll, donation button, teamspeak status, calendar with upcoming events, upcoming birthdays.

6. Is it possible to have a style with a menu bar that floats on top of the site and stays in position when scrolling? i have not seen one yet.

7. Out of the above things, can i make them private and viewable only for a selected usergroup? And else totally invisible?

8. How much knowledge would i need to implement this? Do i need to be able to code some things or will it work with available tutorials and through admin panel? I can edit some files no problem as well.

Well that's it for now, to get the same features as i have currently.

I hope some of you kind people has the time to answer :3

1. Is there a chat module with sound, where sound can be disabled wich is then also stored to account or in a cookie that the user wont receive sounds anymore? With being able to create 2 channels. one public, one for certain user groups?

That will require an add-on. You can search the RM.

2. is there a cheaper media gallery plugin? 60 dollar is expensive for just a plugin. maybe something more simple around?

You can check and see if there's a cheaper add-on in the RM, though the one officially supported by XenForo is definitely recommended.

4. Is it possible to let moderators give certain ranks/user groups to people and remove those again? users groups only the administrator can set

They would need to have access to the administrator control panel.

5. Sidebars on the portal page with poll, donation button, teamspeak status, calendar with upcoming events, upcoming birthdays.

That will require an add-on. There are several in the RM.

6. Is it possible to have a style with a menu bar that floats on top of the site and stays in position when scrolling? i have not seen one yet.

Yes.

7. Out of the above things, can i make them private and viewable only for a selected usergroup? And else totally invisible?

If the add-ons have the necessary permissions, yes.

8. How much knowledge would i need to implement this? Do i need to be able to code some things or will it work with available tutorials and through admin panel? I can edit some files no problem as well.

A basic understanding is sufficient enough, though it couldn't hurt to get some staff who do know their way around coding.

i just tried snooping around in the permissions, but i cant find a option in the user group permissions to set usergroups for new members/old members. (i want usergroup moderators to assign certain other usergroups to members)

Is there anything like that? Or another way to assign roles/usergroups? I want to restrict certain usergroups from viewing certain content. But i want moderators to assign usergroups/rank/tags for that.

Is there anything like that? Or another way to assign roles/usergroups? I want to restrict certain usergroups from viewing certain content. But i want moderators to assign usergroups/rank/tags for that.
Setting the moderator to an administrator and giving them the manage users permission should achieve this.

(you can make someone both a moderator and administrator)

Im kind of lost, can you tell me how to give someone a limited version of the administrator role? Can i give him in there only the ability to edit user's user groups? and only certain ones?

The permissions for hte ACP are not fine grained down to controlling what actions can be taken, but general areas. For example you can have an administrator that can only manage users, which allows them to edit user groups.

Top Bottom