1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiview - View threads from multiple forums on a single page [Paid] 1.2.5

Allow users to view threads from more than one forum on a single thread listing.

1. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Valhalla submitted a new resource:

Multiview - View threads from more than one forum on a single thread listing
    Read more about this resource...
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

thanks for this addon really great

do u have a demo site to try this addon so i can show it to my stuff ?!
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

In your description you say that:-

This XenForo add-on enables your users to specify two or more forums and be able to view all the threads from those chosen forums on a single page.

But the images suggest that you have to pick specific threads not forums. I'm a little confused by the end result. Does this show every thread from selected forums or selected threads from selected forums? If it's the latter, then it's more of a site killer than a help since, in essence, people are lazy, and if they have a list of topics they're following in one place they will rarely bother checking the forums for anything new, resulting in less activity within new topics. I'm really hoping it's the former - a member being able to specify a selection of forums as his/her main interest and receiving a page listing all topics (new and existing) from them. If that is the case, then I have to ask how this is better than using the Watched Forums or Watched Threads option available within your News Feed.
  4. Valhalla

Yes, this add-on will display every thread from the forums a user selects, on a single page.

The description is correct, but perhaps the images do not best describe the function the add-on serves. The images were to illustrate that Inline Moderation works on the Multiview page (hence the checkboxes). When viewing that page without moderation permissions, these checkboxes will not display, and the page will look like a standard thread listing. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will update the images to make it more clear how it would look for a user without moderation permissions.

I believe it is different from Watched Forums or Watched Threads, because those pages do not behave in the same way as a thread listing would (one example is that inline moderation is absent). The only function the Watched Forums page serves is to direct you back to the individual forum itself.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Lisa likes this.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Thanks @Valhalla (y) That's what I needed to know. The images do confuse the issue somewhat!
  6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Does this work for forums only or for all nodes?
  7. Valhalla

You can only add forums for the moment.
  8. Valhalla

9. Valhalla

Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

New permission

Read the rest of this update entry...
  10. Valhalla

11. Valhalla

12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Navigation now not showing at all - regardless of which option I select.
  13. Valhalla

I have just sent out the most recent version, 1.1.6, which may fix this.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

It hasn't :) We think it's due to the way you've written the replacement in the TMS. Anyone using Featured Threads or anything else which uses the nav could possibly run into the same issues we have.
  15. Valhalla

Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

Various fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...
    Lisa likes this.
  16. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Still not working correctly. All selections work except "Display After New Posts" - then it doesn't show up at all.
  17. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

It also removes the Featured Threads link, as well as the number of "New Posts".

Add-on Off:

Add-on On:
  18. Valhalla

I can reproduce this and fix it with the Unread Post Count add-on. Hopefully the same fix will resolve the problem for the Featured Threads link too.

I will send you an updated XML file with this change.
    Lisa likes this.
  19. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

That seems to have fixed it (y)
    Valhalla likes this.
  20. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

Hi @Valhalla I downloaded your add-on and everything looks OK but I'm getting this Error :

ErrorException: Undefined variable: position - library/Valhalla/Multiview/RegexTM.php:62

any ideas ? :)