Multiview - View threads from multiple forums on a single page [Paid] [Deleted]

Valhalla

Valhalla submitted a new resource:

Multiview - View threads from more than one forum on a single thread listing
This XenForo add-on enables your users to specify two or more forums and be able to view all the threads from those chosen forums on a single page.

This add-on is useful to users who are much more active on only a handful of forums, but less so on others. Having this feature would stop them having to navigate between forums, which, depending on your set-up, might require them to revisit the Index page in order for them to continue to browse another forum. By having all the threads they are interested in all in one place, their attention would be focus their attention within only the threads they are interested in...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
thanks for this addon really great

do u have a demo site to try this addon so i can show it to my stuff ?!

In your description you say that:-

This XenForo add-on enables your users to specify two or more forums and be able to view all the threads from those chosen forums on a single page.

But the images suggest that you have to pick specific threads not forums. I'm a little confused by the end result. Does this show every thread from selected forums or selected threads from selected forums? If it's the latter, then it's more of a site killer than a help since, in essence, people are lazy, and if they have a list of topics they're following in one place they will rarely bother checking the forums for anything new, resulting in less activity within new topics. I'm really hoping it's the former - a member being able to specify a selection of forums as his/her main interest and receiving a page listing all topics (new and existing) from them. If that is the case, then I have to ask how this is better than using the Watched Forums or Watched Threads option available within your News Feed.

In your description you say that:-

But the images suggest that you have to pick specific threads not forums. I'm a little confused by the end result. Does this show every thread from selected forums or selected threads from selected forums? If it's the latter, then it's more of a site killer than a help since, in essence, people are lazy, and if they have a list of topics they're following in one place they will rarely bother checking the forums for anything new, resulting in less activity within new topics. I'm really hoping it's the former - a member being able to specify a selection of forums as his/her main interest and receiving a page listing all topics (new and existing) from them. If that is the case, then I have to ask how this is better than using the Watched Forums or Watched Threads option available within your News Feed.

Yes, this add-on will display every thread from the forums a user selects, on a single page.

The description is correct, but perhaps the images do not best describe the function the add-on serves. The images were to illustrate that Inline Moderation works on the Multiview page (hence the checkboxes). When viewing that page without moderation permissions, these checkboxes will not display, and the page will look like a standard thread listing. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will update the images to make it more clear how it would look for a user without moderation permissions.

I believe it is different from Watched Forums or Watched Threads, because those pages do not behave in the same way as a thread listing would (one example is that inline moderation is absent). The only function the Watched Forums page serves is to direct you back to the individual forum itself.

Last edited:
Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

New permission

This update includes a new permission to allow you to disable the Multiview feature for certain user groups. For those without permission, any reference to the feature (navigation links) will be hidden.

View attachment 71213

Note: This means, to enable this feature for all users, you should set the 'Use Multiview feature' setting to 'Allow' for the Registered user group. (Assuming, as it should be, this group is your primary user group for all of your users.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

It hasn't :) We think it's due to the way you've written the replacement in the TMS. Anyone using Featured Threads or anything else which uses the nav could possibly run into the same issues we have.

Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

Various fixes

Fixed: The Navigation Position option is now more sympathetic to other add-ons which may include links too. This fix maintains the ability to re-position the link from within the Options. (Thank you to Chris D for assisting with this fix.)

Fixed: There was previously a minor error whereby thread prefixes were not linking to their individual forums. This has now been corrected.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Still not working correctly. All selections work except "Display After New Posts" - then it doesn't show up at all.

Still not working correctly. All selections work except "Display After New Posts" - then it doesn't show up at all.

It also removes the Featured Threads link, as well as the number of "New Posts".

I can reproduce this and fix it with the Unread Post Count add-on. Hopefully the same fix will resolve the problem for the Featured Threads link too.

I will send you an updated XML file with this change.

Hi @Valhalla I downloaded your add-on and everything looks OK but I'm getting this Error :

ErrorException: Undefined variable: position - library/Valhalla/Multiview/RegexTM.php:62

any ideas ? :)

Top Bottom