Multiview - View threads from multiple forums on a single page [Paid] [Deleted]

What happens if you simply save the settings from the Options page? Also, where do you see this error?

The behaviour I would expect, if there was an error from the callback file, is that the template modification would not be applied (and so you would not see an error at all, because it wouldn't be applied).

Let me know. :)

I assume you mean there is no visible error until you view your server error logs (i.e. a non-critical error).

I'm curious to know what setting you are using for the "Navigation Position" when you get that error. With the current code, $position is not initialised in all cases, so it may be that this error is only generated when the first option is selected (no navigation display).

You can replace the "RegexTM.php" file with the one I am about to send to you.

I assume you mean there is no visible error until you view your server error logs (i.e. a non-critical error).

I'm curious to know what setting you are using for the "Navigation Position" when you get that error. With the current code, $position is not initialised in all cases, so it may be that this error is only generated when the first option is selected (no navigation display).

You can replace the "RegexTM.php" file with the one I am about to send to you.
Thanks @Valhalla that fix the error on my forum, this add-on yours is magnificent , looks great and is easy to use....
I recommend this add-on for those that don't want your users to see many subforums on there site.
:)

Last edited:
I hope to complete an update soon which will allow users to add / remove forums from their Multiview listing, from the forum list itself.

There will be a new icon next to the RSS feed icon, as below.

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 22.49.00.webp

This can be disabled from the Options.

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 22.55.28.webp

Last edited:
Users of this add-on should now have been sent the latest version (1.1.9).

I have also amended the above post since creating it (the total queries used was less than originally stated).

In a future update I hope to allow users to manage their included forums from the Account page (similar to the '
People You Follow' page).

Very nice. I was looking for something like this after splitting a popular forum of mine in two.

Would it be possible to add an additional configuration method for adding forums to the multiview page? I'm not too fond of adding anything to the forum listing. Just a simple page where you could select forums you want to be used would suffice. You could access this configuration page either directly from the multiview page or maybe a link in the user preferences drop down.

Thanks!

Very nice. I was looking for something like this after splitting a popular forum of mine in two.

Would it be possible to add an additional configuration method for adding forums to the multiview page? I'm not too fond of adding anything to the forum listing. Just a simple page where you could select forums you want to be used would suffice. You could access this configuration page either directly from the multiview page or maybe a link in the user preferences drop down.

Thanks!

Yes, I definitely want to try and improve how forums become added to the listing, if only so it could become a more useful forum feature.

Did you see my earlier comment about adding forums similar to the 'People You Follow' page, like here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/following? I'm not sure if that's entirely what you were looking for - you seemed to suggest a case where the available forums were listed already (rather than them being searched for, like by typing in a username).

You can already choose to toggle state (add / remove) from the forum list.

Let me know, if that's not what you meant. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I definitely want to try and improve how forums become added to the listing, if only so it could become a more useful forum feature.

Did you see my earlier comment about adding forums similar to the 'People You Follow' page, like here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/following? I'm not sure if that's entirely what you were looking for - you seemed to suggest a case where the available forums were listed already (rather than them being searched for, like by typing in a username).

You can already choose to toggle state (add / remove) from the forum list.

Let me know, if that's not what you meant. :)

Searching for forums would certainly work and look nice. I just wonder if having them already listed might be more useful for forums with a lot of subforums. Something like this is what I had in mind.

ux83y.jpg

I was hoping to eliminate the link to toggle from the forum list. I have a few other addons that have tapped into that same location so I'm not sure I would want to add anything else there. I don't see members toggling forums all that often for this addon. Seems more like something that they'd configure once and maybe tweak a few other times then basically leave it that way forever.

Yeh, and actually, at the moment if you add a parent forum, it doesn't add any child forums (if there are any) - they would have to be added separately. I'm going to add an option to optionally 'Include sub-forums" when adding a parent forum.

What you say about a user configuring it once, and then leaving it, is true, and I hadn't thought of that. It's not something that would change regularly, so perhaps the toggle option on the forum list is less useful (and less needed).

I'll try and come up with something based on what you've said, and I'll post back soon.

Yeh, and actually, at the moment if you add a parent forum, it doesn't add any child forums (if there are any) - they would have to be added separately. I'm going to add an option to optionally 'Include sub-forums" when adding a parent forum.

What you say about a user configuring it once, and then leaving it, is true, and I hadn't thought of that. It's not something that would change regularly, so perhaps the toggle option on the forum list is less useful (and less needed).

I'll try and come up with something based on what you've said, and I'll post back soon.

Thanks for listening!

An update of this add-on will be available soon, but I'm using a "grace period" just to confirm there is no unexpected behaviour.

If anyone would be interested in testing out the front-end functionality of the latest update, I would really appreciate it. Let me know.

An update of this add-on will be available soon, but I'm using a "grace period" just to confirm there is no unexpected behaviour.

If anyone would be interested in testing out the front-end functionality of the latest update, I would really appreciate it. Let me know.

What's included in the update?

The main change is the forum autocomplete feature within the Account page, but there have been many changes to other parts of the add-on, and these things are working hand-in-hand.

autocomplete.webp

Top Bottom