Multiview - View threads from multiple forums on a single page [Paid] [Deleted]

Looks like a nice addition I may play with down the road.
It reminds me of a similar option to combine subreddits within reddit.com.

As a user of reddit I use this feature all the time.

Just wondering if there is a way to force one forum into everyone's mutliview that they can't remove.

I am getting tired of posting about site changes into our Operations Forum only to have people say they had no idea about things I have posted about as they do not subscribe to the Operations Forum with MultiView.

Looks like a nice addition I may play with down the road.
It reminds me of a similar option to combine subreddits within reddit.com.

As a user of reddit I use this feature all the time.

Thanks. Let me know about feature requests.

Just wondering if there is a way to force one forum into everyone's mutliview that they can't remove.

I am getting tired of posting about site changes into our Operations Forum only to have people say they had no idea about things I have posted about as they do not subscribe to the Operations Forum with MultiView.

I could add this feature in a future update.

Hi @SatGuyScott

I haven't implemented that above (feature) yet, but I can do soon if you still require it.

Tell me, would users be able to remove said forced forum, or would there be no opt-out?

For the one forum there would be no opt out for it.

We post all site news to that forum and because people do subscribe to it with MultiView they never see the news... then when we make changes they say how come we didn't let them know we were going to make these changes. When we did give them notice... so if we had the one forum turned on for all that they could not opt out of it would cut down on the compaints.

Thanks!

I am using this add-on and so far during my initial testing it hits the nail exactly.

One additional feature I would like to see is to allow for a sidebar while in multiview. I use the widget-framework as an add-on.
Even search results have a sidebar. /watched/forum and /watched/threads however don't.

Any chance?

I'm not familiar with the Widget Framework, but it might be a simple change to allow the sidebar to show.

If it's as simple as assigning (from the Widget Framework add-on) a specific template for the sidebar to display on, then the appropriate template would be "mu_multiview".

I'm not familiar with the Widget Framework, but it might be a simple change to allow the sidebar to show.

If it's as simple as assigning (from the Widget Framework add-on) a specific template for the sidebar to display on, then the appropriate template would be "mu_multiview".

in the mu_multiview template copy and paste the sidebar section from the forum_list template that comes with XF.

copy from <xen:sidebar> on down and trim as needed. I skipped the widgetframe work support since I was able to quickly insert all my sidebar code straight into the mu_multiview template.

I am using this add-on and like it so far.

Is there a way to measure usage in my forum? What mysql query would reveal how many users have forums added to their multiview or what foum combinations are popular multiview subscriptions.

I try to gage if this add-on is well received by my users and instead of surveying I trust actual data more.
Google analytics could show me the pageview count and I could compare to overall forum usage. While that is useful I still would like to measure it in the other way described in my post above.

nice Addon (y)

1)
could there be an "option" in order to show this "Multi View" at the "Home"-Tab ?
So that the Homepage at the "Home"-Tab is showing the "Multi View", but the "Forum"-Tab is just showing the default Forum-list ?

2)
would it be possible to "filter" the orange bar by "Title / Replies / Views" ?

3)
would it be possble to "filter" by Prefix when threads do have Prefixes ?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I am using this add-on and like it so far.

Is there a way to measure usage in my forum? What mysql query would reveal how many users have forums added to their multiview or what foum combinations are popular multiview subscriptions.

I try to gage if this add-on is well received by my users and instead of surveying I trust actual data more.
Google analytics could show me the pageview count and I could compare to overall forum usage. While that is useful I still would like to measure it in the other way described in my post above.

This information is in the `xf_multiview` table.

To find the forums an individual user has added, you can use this query (substituting X with the user ID):
Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_multiview` WHERE `user_id`='X';

To count how many users have added a particular forum, you can use this query (substituting X with the forum ID):
Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `xf_multiview` WHERE `node_id`='X';

To count how many users have at least one forum added, you can use this query:
Code:
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT user_id) FROM `xf_multiview`;

Last edited:
Top Bottom