Multiple Xenforo installations?

Ablac

I host a Minecraft Server and in game the users are creating Guilds, and to be good to our users we want to offer them individual forums within the main forum. For instance theres a guild called Knights of the Blue Cross Shield, so they would have a forum http://(MyURL)/Guilds/(Guildname)

This installation has its own MySQL database, so what im asking, is it bad to do this? Or does it not matter? We use MaxCDN and Cloudflare in Conjunction and soon were switching to EdgeCast for CDN. I think if we have a good CDN provider it shouldn't effect the site at all. Our web host is HostGator Baby plan which gives unlimited everything.

Thanks.

Do you need multiple installations?

I mean, you'd need to buy a license for each guild (one per installation).

I think your best bet is to have it all on one forum, but allocate appropriate permissions to each guild, which is totally do-able.

You could still host them.

Create a category, in the category put each guild as another category. Then add forums to each guild. Then allocate moderator permissions to an appropriate person for each guild.

No licensing issues there, and all nicely integrated with their main forum accounts.

You'd probably need a template edit to clean up the node list.

Eh think were just gana use BBPress for the guild sites :P I brought up your suggestion to the Guild Leaders they would rather have there own site that they can customize ECT.

Eh think were just gana use BBPress for the guild sites :P I brought up your suggestion to the Guild Leaders they would rather have there own site that they can customize ECT.
Are all these guilds on the same top level domain (my domain.com) or not? If they're all on the same one (like Yorick said) you can give each their own category/forum. This categories can even have their own style and moderator team.

ya they would be under the same domain.com

Like i said above (mydomain).com/guilds/(guildname)

or i might do guilds.(mydomain).com/(Guildname)

I wanted to give them a full set up :P Like Xenporta, and a XenCarta as well as there own Xenforo Installation, but after reading the License agreement again, and the post above I can only do one extra Xenforo Installation if its password protected, so i will prob use some other free software for the guilds.

I wanted to give them a full set up :p Like Xenporta, and a XenCarta as well as there own Xenforo Installation, but after reading the License agreement again, and the post above I can only do one extra Xenforo Installation if its password protected, so i will prob use some other free software for the guilds.
Ahh, yes in that case you would need multiple licenses.

Top Bottom