Multiple Licenses?

Bdoom

Do we have to pay for a new license each time we want to install xenforo on a new domain? If so why? Why can't we just buy one and then you make us pay for updates? I love the software, its new made around 2010 right? And I love the sleak layout, easy to use buttons and everything. I am probably going to buy it if I don't have to buy multiple licenses. I mean buying multiple licenses is a lot of money for poor people, I aint even middle class. 150$ is a lot to fork out every time I want a new site... If I didn't have to do that I would DEFINIATELY 100% buy this software, its awesome, new community from what i can see, and it seems to be constantly growing.

Yeah whats even stupider is the idea of having to buy the software multiple times for each domain... Why not just charge us for updates if yu need money as devs? I'm a developer and I understand but 150$ is a lot of money... I mean like I just don't like the idea that I could set up a forum, have it all up, and bam no one even joins my site from my ads and I have to basically deal with it and never get a refund.

Something else which I would have liked to see would be a MyBB to XenForo importer/converter. I run MyBB right now and I am looking at other softwares, vbulletin is nice however their prices are way out of the question (i might as well hire someone to make software for me at that price)

I run basically 3 websites (2 which are being worked on still) and 1 of them is up but has no mybb converter here, the other 2 i wanna install fresh copies of xenforo however, paying 150$ per copy is out of the question, thats $300 for just 2 copies lol??

Okay i noticed it says u can buy bulk licenses of 3 for 130$ now how do I do this? when i try to add it to my cart 3 times it just goes up to 390$

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL. Any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked.

Okay i noticed it says u can buy bulk licenses of 3 for 130$ now how do I do this? when i try to add it to my cart 3 times it just goes up to 390$

The discount should automatically apply.

qNrfZ.png

See? Oh wow, when you post a pic and try to edit your post the image is in the way, bug they need to fix, small but may be hard for inexperienced people to figure it out.

That's correct. You're purchasing 3 licenses at $130.00/each.

$130.00 x 3 = $390.00. You're receiving a $10.00 discount on each.

Oh I see, thats a rip! In the box you click it makes it seem as if you are buying 3 domains for 130$, not for 400$... I mean thats such a rip off lmao... Do these developers do anything else for life or is this their lifes work. I mean this better be their lifes work otherwise thats really a rip. I can understand that living the life of an entrepreneur developer is hard but the fact is is that not even some top of the line video editing software costs this much... Sony Vegas costs 110$ from where i last saw it... These people probably have jobs as devs and they run this site on the side, so whats their excuse?

Their "excuse" is that the forum software is worth it. No one is forcing you to purchase it. They can charge any amount they want to and people will buy it if it's worth it. (And it is.) Stick with free software if you don't want to pay.

In the box you click it makes it seem as if you are buying 3 domains for 130$, not for 400$...

The box says "Price Per License". Why would they give you 3 licenses for $130.00 total when one is $140.00?

xFdiscounts.webp

Yeah whats even stupider is the idea of having to buy the software multiple times for each domain... Why not just charge us for updates if yu need money as devs? I'm a developer and I understand but 150$ is a lot of money... I mean like I just don't like the idea that I could set up a forum, have it all up, and bam no one even joins my site from my ads and I have to basically deal with it and never get a refund.
If no-one joins your site, you can transfer the licence to another site.

What if it doesn't, will i get a refund plus does that mean I have to straight up pay 400$ to get the discount? XenForo is faster than vBulletin in my opinion so why is vbulletin more expensive... Also, what if I want to change to a new domain? Is there an option to do that in the customer menus?

For your question, let me ask you one question: Why Angry Bird was only 1.99$ but the owner was able to build up a billion dollar company? It's just about the way they do. It is not about the price.

Here's a question, why are websites like sythe.org (a runescape fansite), digitalspy.com (a british television show forum) have so many users? What makes people want to use websites?

Here's a question, why are websites like sythe.org (a runescape fansite), digitalspy.com (a british television show forum) have so many users? What makes people want to use websites?
Having ....
A. the content that a broad or narrow group of people want,
B. a layout for user controlled functions that most people can adapt to,
C. it all presented to them in a fashion that they are comfortable with

Doing that should help getting visitors to turn into members...andwould in my opinion be the key logic behind running a good site...just a guess.

Oh I see, thats a rip! In the box you click it makes it seem as if you are buying 3 domains for 130$, not for 400$... I mean thats such a rip off lmao... Do these developers do anything else for life or is this their lifes work. I mean this better be their lifes work otherwise thats really a rip. I can understand that living the life of an entrepreneur developer is hard but the fact is is that not even some top of the line video editing software costs this much... Sony Vegas costs 110$ from where i last saw it... These people probably have jobs as devs and they run this site on the side, so whats their excuse?

You can't compare the monetary value of software or business structure of Sony vs the same of Xenforo. You can't even compare forum software to Vegas or Acid or anything like that. I use both...and neither is anything close to xenforo...nor is installed as an executable on your windows computer. They are not even close or comparable. That being said in their own rights...are great software and I have nothing but good things to say about them....I have been using XenForo since officially dropped and have been using Vegas and Acid since it was just Sonic Foundry Acid.

as far as the price....

acid.webpvegas.webp

Top Bottom