Multiple Landing Pages and Subscriptions

TeacherMac

This should be the final question I have before purchasing this software.

I'm still working on the logistics, and see that as a hourly operation, especially once I've launched the site.

I need to know if the following is possible out-of-the-box or if it will require additional programming and time.

1. Visitor's first view of the site is a page containing links to five, possibly more, categories. Actions: Links to Register, Logon, (Registered users subscriptions page), jump to destination (with auto complete) or search for destination (with auto complete)
  2. Visitor selects from one of the categories to bring up a page containing more then four sub-categories. Actions: Register, Logon, (Registered users subscriptions page), jump to destination (with auto complete) or search for destination (with auto complete)
  3. Visitor selects one of the sub-categories which would bring up a page of forums which may expand to over a thousand. Actions: Register, Logon, (Registered users subscriptions page),jump to destination (with auto complete) or search for destination (with auto complete)
  4. Visitor selects a forum that brings up a page of sub-forums numbering in the thousands. Actions: Register, Logon, (Registered users subscriptions page), jump to destination (with auto complete) or search for destination (with auto complete)
  5. Visitor selects sub-forum and, when viewing or posting has the option to add this destination to their subscriptions. Actions: Register, Logon, (Registered users subscriptions page), jump to destination (with auto complete) or search for destination (with auto complete)
This tree will surely need to be refined and most likely expanded beyond what I've shown but, if I'm successful, this will be the most massive forum on the planet and once in operation will require all the support I can get.

Mobile users are expected to be the most involved so I'm attempting to make it easy for first time visitors to find their interest and for members to reach their destination quickly through their subscriptions.

Forming a site of this scale is not the recommended course but for my project it is the exception to the rule.

Thanks again for your thoughts, suggestions and, of course, your criticisms as I will need help in making my decision to purchase this package.

Hi Brogan,

Your reply to both my questions, and with no response from the community, tells me that this software has major limitations for my needs and there wouldn't be support for my project.

Thank you for saving me the price of the software since everything I need, according to your blanket statement, requires "Custom Development", a total of 5 words for both questions.

Thank you for saving me the price of admission.

Hi Brogan,

Your reply to both my questions, and with no response from the community, tells me that this software has major limitations for my needs and there wouldn't be support for my project.
Thank you for saving me the price of the software since everything I need, according to your blanket statement, requires "Custom Development", a total of 5 words for both questions.
Thank you for saving me the price of admission.

Well, I don't think you are going to find any of the major scripts that will do that. I know IPS won't, Burning Board won't and XenForo won't. I doubt if vBulletin will either.
If you want it to do specifically what you want (which is not something that most would need/use) then you have two choices
1) Choose a script and have custom development done
2) Hire a developer and have a bespoke solution created.

Top Bottom