XF 2.0 Multiple Forums with one login

Pixel Squad Ltd

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to have two forums share the same login?

Basically, I currently host and manage a fan forum for a mobile game and they're bringing a new game out in the coming months and I want to host a forums for the new game as well.

It would make no sense to have all my users reregister on the new forum, so I am trying to come up with a way to have them share the same user login and stats whilst still remaining independent.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Carl

There’s really only two approaches. The first would be some sort of single sign on system or OAuth system but you’d likely need some form of custom development for that.

A potentially easier solution would be to use the XF to XF importer.

You would of course likely only want to import users, assuming the content of the existing forum has no value to the new forum.

Also the import would be a one time operation rather than being able to continually sync users between the two, but seeing as the importer is already built into XF and your main goal is to not have existing users re-register then it seems like a simple and cheap (well, free!) solution.

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to have two forums share the same login?

Basically, I currently host and manage a fan forum for a mobile game and they're bringing a new game out in the coming months and I want to host a forums for the new game as well.

It would make no sense to have all my users reregister on the new forum, so I am trying to come up with a way to have them share the same user login and stats whilst still remaining independent.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Carl
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xencentral-multisite-system-paid.58618/

You would need to purchase a new license for the site, but it would let you run both sites from the same install and split the sections off.

Top Bottom