Implemented Multiple Files Upload.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
being able to auto-create a thread in a selected forum when someone added something to the MG

That's a band aid on the general non-threaded content discover issue. You don't really want an extra thread associated with the new media, you just want the media to be as discoverable as forum threads are when first created, and when they receive new activity.

I believe the guys recognise this though, so hopefully the cogs are turning for how to address this issue at some point as it applies to all content types including new ones added by other add-ons, not just gallery media.

Any chances of implementing multiple files for external URL in the near future? I don't know why this is not already implemented since you can add multiple files from upload (finally)...

All my files are hosted on a subdomain and I only use external URLs.

Would be nice to know if I should hold up on extending my license on my other software since I really like Xen but can't use it due to the lack of downloads support.

It's something we'd consider, though it might be better posting a separate suggestion as this one specifically tracks multiple file uploads and multiple external links would be roughly independent (from a technical perspective).

Not that it's the same, but there isn't an automatic expectation that the specific external URL being linked to is the actual download. If you can group the multiple external files into a folder, for example, you could link to that folder rather than a specific file within it and this would give a rough approximation.

It's something we'd consider, though it might be better posting a separate suggestion as this one specifically tracks multiple file uploads and multiple external links would be roughly independent (from a technical perspective).

Not that it's the same, but there isn't an automatic expectation that the specific external URL being linked to is the actual download. If you can group the multiple external files into a folder, for example, you could link to that folder rather than a specific file within it and this would give a rough approximation.
What would linking to a folder do?

The problem is that the site I run needs this function. It's vital since one download can have up to 6 files (from external sub directory).

Xenforo has a good custom field function but adding external links in custom fields does not seem to generate a secure link which would result in people being able to download without going through the actual download page which would result in loss of ad revenue.

Being able to add multiple external links should not be hard to implement. Every other forum software with download managers offers this, woocommece has it and tons of plugins for Wordpress has it and they are all secure.

I'm taking from your answer that this will not be implemented in the near future and that download manager is once again being neglected.

Thanks for answering though. I'm just gonna renew my license on my other software before it ends.

The list of external URLs was never implemented in 2 years. :(

Top Bottom