• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Partial fix Multiple Alerts Despite Thread Not Read

James

So, I logged off here and logged on around 5 minutes ago to 14 alerts, all of them for Adam's thread:

I'm not sure if some code was changed on purpose or if it's just a random bug, but I thought I'd report it.

Note: these are all different posts, it's not just repeated alerts for one post.

V

vVv

Wait, there is a Classic vB 3 skin? Search isn't showing anything.
yeah, i'm not sure doing a vBulletin "skin" or anything related to vBulletin itself would be a wise idea, especially considering the lawsuit that's still going on...Maybe it's harmless making a vB3 style skin, but just to me, it's not something i would do, nor think would be wise to do.. lol. (at least till lawsuit is over anyway)

IB/vB = they stole / used copyrighted code! now they're doing skins that look like ours too!

Brent W

yeah, i'm not sure doing a vBulletin "skin" or anything related to vBulletin itself would be a wise idea, especially considering the lawsuit that's still going on...Maybe it's harmless making a vB3 style skin, but just to me, it's not something i would do, nor think would be wise to do.. lol. (at least till lawsuit is over anyway)

IB/vB = they stole / used copyrighted code! now they're doing same for the skins!
If it is a 3rd party it doesn't matter. I prefer the look of vBulletin 3 over default xenForo and would love a style that replicated it. It is the largest forum software in the world and one of the most recognized looks for any forum software.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Some of this is due to the structure of the code I think, which is harder to change, but I have made a partial fix that should prevent this from happening all in one go at least.