1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multilanguage portal

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by lyolic, Aug 27, 2013.

1. lyolic

lyolic Member

If any from portal add-ons support multiple languages(front page with news only on your language, news threads in different language forums etc)?
  2. TsuChi

TsuChi Member

that would be a great to have such an option in a portal addon - I will need it too
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

YES :)

XenForo is fully capable of supporting different languages and so are many of the add-ons.

There is even an add-on which allows you to change and translate from within XenForo.

Finally, XenForo will indeed allow you to write in different languages and so will the current portal add-ons.
  4. TsuChi

TsuChi Member

@Adam Howard
    is any XF addon capable of doing that?
    and whan you change your default language (with some combobox with many languages) then you see other posts in that newly chosen language?
  5. Adam Howard

Every add-on is capable of being translated, yes. :)

Yes and no.

XenForo is designed to be translated into whole languages.

But with an add-on, this is possible to add Google translate to make that possible, so that whatever language your members post in, your readers will see it in their native language.
  6. TsuChi

TsuChi Member

@Adam Howard
    it is not about google translate posts into different languages
    it is about preparing 2 posts in different languages (e.g. english and german) and posting it on main page.
    When someone with default german language comes to the site he will see only posts in german (not auto translated but dedicated to people from Germany)

If I understand how XF works it would need 2 licences and some kind of integration under one portal that can swich between forums but have one user base. But I might be wrong :)
  7. Adam Howard

XenForo has language packs which translate XenForo in your desired language. You can have more than one language installed.

However, without a translation add-on, you will see whatever language the post is written in. This is true for any forum or blog software.
  8. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Simple Portal could do this with some small changes (via an additional addon)
    if user.language == 'english' => show promoted posts from node 4
    if user.language == 'spain' => show promoted posts from node 5
    TsuChi and Adam Howard like this.
  9. TsuChi

TsuChi Member

this is what I ment:)
    Adam Howard likes this.