Multilanguage portal

lyolic

If any from portal add-ons support multiple languages(front page with news only on your language, news threads in different language forums etc)?

@Adam Howard
is any XF addon capable of doing that?
Every add-on is capable of being translated, yes. :)

when you change your default language (with some combobox with many languages) then you see other posts in that newly chosen language?
Yes and no.

XenForo is designed to be translated into whole languages.

But with an add-on, this is possible to add Google translate to make that possible, so that whatever language your members post in, your readers will see it in their native language.

@Adam Howard
it is not about google translate posts into different languages
it is about preparing 2 posts in different languages (e.g. english and german) and posting it on main page.
When someone with default german language comes to the site he will see only posts in german (not auto translated but dedicated to people from Germany)

If I understand how XF works it would need 2 licences and some kind of integration under one portal that can swich between forums but have one user base. But I might be wrong :)

@Adam Howard
it is not about google translate posts into different languages
it is about preparing 2 posts in different languages (e.g. english and german) and posting it on main page.
When someone with default german language comes to the site he will see only posts in german (not auto translated but dedicated to people from Germany)

If I understand how XF works it would need 2 licences and some kind of integration under one portal that can swich between forums but have one user base. But I might be wrong :)

XenForo has language packs which translate XenForo in your desired language. You can have more than one language installed.

However, without a translation add-on, you will see whatever language the post is written in. This is true for any forum or blog software.

Top Bottom