XF 1.2 Moving Xenforo onto new Webserver

Allan Reuben

My webhost shut down recently and I need to start up again on a new webhost, but I do not want to do a fresh install. Can anyone walk me through how to do this? (I have a backup)

If that is a Cpanel back up then it is just a matter of uploading to the new hosting account and ask them to restore it. If you have a mysql data base then upload using phpmyadmin and upload xenforo files and edit config.php file to use the database that you have uploaded.

If you dont know how to do this then you could hire someone on this forum. There are plenty of members who provide such services.

They key here being is you must have some sort of backup. If not, contact your old host. Otherwise, starting over is the only option (can't restore from nothing).

My webhost shut down recently and I need to start up again on a new webhost, but I do not want to do a fresh install. Can anyone walk me through how to do this? (I have a backup)

Besides the db backup you will have to move your forum files too. Then update the config.php file with the db info that you set up at the new host and you are all set.

P.s. When you say that you have a backup, did you mean a backup of the database? Or only of the forum files?

What type of backup is it? If it is a full cPanel backup, then just find a host that uses cPanel, and then fully import it - job done :)

Liam

Top Bottom