XF 2.2 Moving XenForo files

Resolute

I installed XenForo at my domain: HallTechAndWeb.com - can I simply move all the files to a subdirectory, such as HallTechAndWeb.com/forums without it being an issue? I want to set up a website on the domain too but don't want to lose my forum.

I am having this same problem, but I have not found a solution. Since I am moving to a CMS as a front end, I am trying to move my root xenforo installation to /community -- I do that and follow directions in an old XF post I found from @Brogan that explains this exact process but it is not working. Board URL under options has been set to community and I tried the rewrites....

I get the "site" but images are missing and if I click on navigation I get a 404.

Can someone provide some insight on what I may be doing wrong??

Thank you!

I installed XenForo at my domain: HallTechAndWeb.com - can I simply move all the files to a subdirectory, such as HallTechAndWeb.com/forums without it being an issue? I want to set up a website on the domain too but don't want to lose my forum.
I would recommend any subdirectory but /forums/ as that looks horrible in a URL when you get /forums/forums/

I am having this same problem, but I have not found a solution. Since I am moving to a CMS as a front end, I am trying to move my root xenforo installation to /community -- I do that and follow directions in an old XF post I found from @Brogan that explains this exact process but it is not working. Board URL under options has been set to community and I tried the rewrites....

I get the "site" but images are missing and if I click on navigation I get a 404.

Can someone provide some insight on what I may be doing wrong??

Thank you!
I just moved my forum location from root to a subfolder and had to troubleshoot a couple of things:

1) Make sure all your attachments did in fact move over (in data/attachments and internal_data)
2) Also check .htaccess got moved over
3) Of course, 100% make sure Board URL is correct (mine was wrong at first...)

Apart from that my forum moved over seamlessly. I agree with @Mr Lucky, using /forums/ is out of the question with this setup. 🤣

When I say forums I mean MyDomain.com/forums - is that what you are referring to as bad? lol :)

It can look awkward, as the forum page will be MyDomain.com/forums/forums

And this can make redirections a bit more awkward as well as looking odd.

Also see here:

Top Bottom