Moving users to another usergroup

hdrcweb

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I've looked but can't find anything that does what I want to do. I don't think 'Batch move users' does this either.

In our forum we have two main primary groups - 'registered users' and 'club members'. Club members have greater permissions and extra viewable forums / pages. As a club members membership expires I need to move them to 'registered user'.

What I'd like is to be able to run a periodic check of users within the 'club members' usergroup based on 'name' [which is a requied custom user field] and their email address against a .csv file of current club members.
Like;
Check users in usergroup ‘club member’ - Check ‘name’ and email address against a .csv file of current club members.
If ‘name’ does not exist – move to ‘registered users’
If ‘name’ exists but email address is different – move to ‘registered users’ [we need emails to be the same]

Can anyone think of a way that this can be done please? Grateful for any replies

Tom

ALL members should always be in the Registered user group as the primary.

Other groups should be added as secondary, either by user group promotion, paid upgrade, or manually.

I would recommend setting things up like that so the process is automatic (assuming you are using promotions).

ALL members should always be in the Registered user group as the primary.

Other groups should be added as secondary, either by user group promotion, paid upgrade, or manually.

I would recommend setting things up like that so the process is automatic (assuming you are using promotions).
Hi Brogan

Thanks for the reply. Sorry - my wording. Registered user is primary. Promotions don't work with our set up as details of membership are held on another site so they are checked and users upgraded to secondary of 'club member' manually.
The pain is once a month trying to check all the 'club member' users against actual members on that other site. I can get a .csv of members off that site so I wondered if I could use it.

Do a user search in the ACP for members in the secondary user group.

Export the list as a CSV.

1650741244839.webp

Then just do a simple lookup in Excel or Sheets to match the XF data against the other site.

I've now upgraded and can see and use the 'export users' csv. Just a question though. I've looked at other posts that mention it but none have an answer that helps me so - is it possible to add a custom user field to the csv export?

Top Bottom