Moving to Xenforo: Questions

Satix

Hey, everyone! Long time user of IPB here. I recently found Xenforo and I've done a lot of research on it. First, I'd like to say that I'm blown away by how much better Xenforo is than IPB. Looking at the features IPB has compared to Xenforo feels like going back in time.

Despite the research, though, I still have a few questions.
  1. What exactly will the IPB importer import? Is there a list anywhere? (I ask because I want to let my community know what will be kept and what will be removed)
  2. I run a Pokemon site, so we have little Pokeball images next to the names of staff members. Would doing something like that be possible on Xenforo?
  3. Staff members have rank images. Is this possible as well?
  4. Are there any add-ons you would consider a "must have"?
Thanks very much for your time - any responses are appreciated! :)

• What exactly will the IPB importer import? Is there a list anywhere? (I ask because I want to let my community know what will be kept and what will be removed)

Pictures of what the imports bring in can be found here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

I run a Pokemon site, so we have little Pokeball images next to the names of staff members. Would doing something like that be possible on Xenforo?

Easily

• Staff members have rank images. Is this possible as well?

Easily

1. Are there any add-ons you would consider a "must have"?

It depends on your site, must haves for one community are pointless to another.

Top Bottom