XF 1.5 Moving to HTTPS

CarpCharacin

I am moving UFK to HTTPS. How do I enable the image proxy so all the content shows up as secure? I haven't got the SSL working quite yet, but I will. I am using letsencrypt.

I did not set a htaccess password. It wasn't a .htaccess file issue, but it was a .htaccess password issue.
When you have
Allow XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;
Deny All;
in the vhost stanza for a location and
your IP is not there in the place of XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX you aren't going to gain access.
I realize it's a lot to try and take in, but it's also why I recommended you stick with a quality shared hosting provider instead of going to a VPS that you had no knowledge of how to administer.

So he told a fib, it was not a htaccess issue?
Actually, no and yes. One of the issues was it uses htpasswd access, and the file it pointed to was empty. The other was the vhost stanza that did not have his home IP in it and it denying access to any other IP.

Last edited:
Actually, no and yes. One of the issues was it uses htpasswd access, and the file it pointed to was empty. The other was the vhost stanza that did not have his home IP in it and it denying access to any other IP.

Ahh, so basically just another example of jumping in head first without knowing how deep the water is. ;)

Top Bottom