1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to another hosting, what steps do i have to do?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Regina Ortega, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Regina Ortega

Regina Ortega Active Member

Hello

Im moving to another hosting, what steps should i follow according to the license?

I wont make a new instalation, im exporting and importing it.

Thank you

2. Regina Ortega

Hello,

How do i import and then export to another hosting my Xenforo MySQL Database with webmin?

Thank you even with your comment i love you!

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
    Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_data directories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
    Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

14DH01 likes this.
  4. Regina Ortega

Those Data and Internal_data should include 'Apply to all files and directories?'

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It must be recursive, yes.

6. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

If your using cPanel at both hosts, ask your new host to move you. Most hosts do cPanel -> cPanel migrations free of charge

7. Regina Ortega

That is a yes for 'Apply to all files and directories'? of data and internal_data?

No, i dont have Cpanel.

8. The Forum Heroes

Correct.

9. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't. Although WHM makes the process fairly painless. I just wish I had higher upload speeds to get that huge backup in place. :ROFLMAO:

10. The Forum Heroes

We do :p hehe

11. Regina Ortega

Someone knows how to make a backup of my xenforo mysql database with WEBMIN and restore in my new WEBMIN of my new hosting? :(

12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

13. The Forum Heroes

Yes, you should have phpmyadmin. you can do it there or you can do a dump/restore in SSH too.