XF 2.1 Moving to a new server

Beermonster

Hi, I've moved my site to a new server, everything is working well apart from some of the attachments, it took so long to archive the site and move it that some people had postage and uploaded new images, I didn't move the DB until last thing and closed the forum as soon as I had backed it up, I thought I might be able to just get the missing attachments and move them across, but I don't seem to be able to find them all, how can I find where missing attachments are? I have 2 dirs data/attachments and /internal_data/attachments

Assuming no old attachments were deleted, just copy the last two directories from /data/attachments and /internal_data/attachments.

They will contain the newest attachments.

Assuming no old attachments were deleted, just copy the last two directories from /data/attachments and /internal_data/attachments.

They will contain the newest attachments.

If someone has uploaded on to the new site, will they not be affected? reason I ask is the file name numbers are consecutive

Well if you had two databases running concurrently, then it won't be possible to merge missing posts/attachments.

If new attachments have since been uploaded on the new site, they should have received later IDs.

Use the attachment browser in the ACP to confirm which ones are missing.

Really though, you should have shut the site before the migration, to avoid issues such as this.

Top Bottom