XF 1.4 Moving subforum to bottom of forum view

Sap1ent

Hi all,

I did a search for this, but the only thread I could find was 4 years old and I was conscious that the advice might have changed (and i'm quite new to XF from phpBB).

Is is possible to move a the subforums 'section' to the bottom of the view of topics, rather than at the top.

In the theme i'm using it feels a little distracting and ill placed.

Many thanks,

Sap.

Is it just this chunk?

<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}">
<xen:include template="ad_forum_view_above_node_list" />
<xen:include template="node_list" />
<xen:if is="{$newDiscussionButton}">
<div class="nodeListNewDiscussionButton">{xen:raw $newDiscussionButton}</div>
</xen:if>
</xen:if>

Or just this:

<xen:include template="node_list" />

OK, i've managed this.

I've now moved the subforums list to the bottom of the list of topics, that's great.

Is there a way to get the 'Post New Thread' button to align in the same place that it would if there was no subforums?

Thanks

Remove the button code from the conditional statement for the sub forums and edit the code for the other button to remove the check for sub forums.

Hey,

I know this is not what you are looking for, but if the subforums list feels a little bit distracting, then there is another solution to solve this problem rather then editting templates. It could be an alternative.

https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/subforums-toggle-png.24699/
This add-on.
You have a setting in ACP, so all subforum lists are closed by default. That way it is not distracting but still the users know there are some subforums. Because if you move them to the bottom, they might not see them. Just for your information.

Hey,

I know this is not what you are looking for, but if the subforums list feels a little bit distracting, then there is another solution to solve this problem rather then editting templates. It could be an alternative.

https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/subforums-toggle-png.24699/
This add-on.
You have a setting in ACP, so all subforum lists are closed by default. That way it is not distracting but still the users know there are some subforums. Because if you move them to the buttom, they might not see them. Just for your information.

Interesting, thank you!

Top Bottom