XF 1.3 Moving Site to Root

wickedstangs

Does the below still Apply for moving to Root?

How can I move my installation to a different directory?

Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory (or rename the directory). You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.
Note that redirection will be required to ensure any existing links continue to work.
For example, if the installation is moved from the /community directory to the root, the following line needs to be added to the .htaccess file, after the default XenForo rewrite rules:

Code:
RewriteRule ^community/(.*)?$ /$1 [R=301,L]

Keep getting bad remarks due to my redirect....

Overview
Because redirects trigger an additional HTTP request-response cycle and add extra round-trip-time latency, it's important to minimize the number of redirects issued by your application. Avoiding HTTP redirects can reduce the amount of time a user waits for a page to load. We encourage you to consider your site design carefully to see where you can improve your site performance.

Here are some examples of good and bad redirect patterns:

• Great: example.com uses responsive web design, no redirects are needed
  • Ok: example.com -> m.example.com/home
  • Bad: example.com -> www.example.com -> m.example.com -> m.example.com/home

can you try it again..
Ya still not working. Same thing homepage works, but nothing else. If you had "community" anywhere your probably going to have to remove it. I don't know if you run any add-ons etc. either. Mine is just stock with the setting above and it works. Did you change anything else recently?

going to have to wait to get home and mess with this. Might have to revert it back to community :(

Ya I just would double check everything. There is no reason that you can't have it on the root. Make sure to go through your setting and that there is no custom route for community. I really think there is something still directing to it. If not you could probably put a ticket in, I am sure it's something real simple. Best of luck sir I am sure that you will get it figured out.

Ya I just would double check everything. There is no reason that you can't have it on the root. Make sure to go through your setting and that there is no custom route for community. I really think there is something still directing to it. If not you could probably put a ticket in, I am sure it's something real simple. Best of luck sir I am sure that you will get it figured out.
Alright can you check it one more time..

I put the old file back..
Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^community/(.*)?$ /$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

Looks good sir, everything seems to be working now. Did you change something? It's going to "forums" now like it should be and not "community".

Top Bottom