1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Moving my music to an external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by farmglitch, Mar 28, 2014.

1. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

Hey the site I started is getting some attention and I am being blasted with music from local artist. I am not sure how long I can keep this up before I have to get a new more expensive server. Until I can afford this purchase is there a way to set up the resource manager so that in the future the uploads go to an external hard drive? I was unsuccessful and finding the uploads in a folder so I am assuming they are stored in the Data Base.
    Thank you

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

All files are stored in the internal data path. This can be changed via config.php (http://xenforo.com/help/config-php-options/). However, note that changing this is fairly advanced. You would need manually move the existing data before changing the path and ensure that permissions are maintained.

3. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

Thanks Mike. I would be willing to pay to have this done if you know of anyone or if you guys do this type of work please inbox me. Thanks man.