XF 2.2 Moving my installation

I am interested in moving my Xenforo installation and am looking for advice in advance.

Right now my main site is a wordpress site and when installing xenforo I made a folder and installed it to it.
The url for the xenforo is (for example) " section.MAINURL.com " and I would like to integrate it into the WP install so that the path is just " MAINURL.com/section "

Is this possible? Are there any guides written on how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Move the files on the server to the new directory.

Update the Board URL in the ACP.

If you want indexed links to continue to work then you will need to implement redirection.

You'll need addon that extends the functionality...

For example if you want to integrate login/registration via your wp, you'll need an API to provide login and registration on forums too.
Awesome thank you for the information. I do have an addon that synchs my WP users info to XF and force all sign-ups to be done through WP.
I was told that if I were to move my XF install then its possible for them to share being logged in?

Awesome thank you for the information. I do have an addon that synchs my WP users info to XF and force all sign-ups to be done through WP.
I was told that if I were to move my XF install then its possible for them to share being logged in?
What do you mean by 'share being logged in?'

If you mean multiple users logged in to the same user at the same time then answer will be NO.

Top Bottom