moving from vb to xenforo

Hi,

I already started a thread some time ago here but now me and my partner are really looking to change our forum software from vBulletin to XenForo.

We have a forum with over 1.2 million posts and a few addons installed. I would like to know from someone with a similar sized forum who switched from vb to xenforo if there was any trouble when changing the software, it's a big forum so I don't want to mess with it, it also contains a lot of attachments and images uploaded so I just want to make sure everything will be working just fine and nothing will be lost.

Another thing I am really looking for before moving to XenForo its a xenforo's theme designer. We want to make the switch smooth to our users so we're looking to pay someone to create a custom theme for us based on CompleteVB's "Life.Element" theme, which is the one we are currently using. Here's the link to the theme preview: http://www.completevb.com/product/38

Regarding our current addons, I'm pretty sure we will find some of them in the free section and maybe some not, in that case, is there a paid request section so we can hire a few coders to create addons for us ?

Budget is not a problem for us, we're looking to move ASAP with a theme similar to the one we currently use.

Thanks.

Hi,

I already started a thread some time ago here but now me and my partner are really looking to change our forum software from vBulletin to XenForo.

We have a forum with over 1.2 million posts and a few addons installed. I would like to know from someone with a similar sized forum who switched from vb to xenforo if there was any trouble when changing the software, it's a big forum so I don't want to mess with it, it also contains a lot of attachments and images uploaded so I just want to make sure everything will be working just fine and nothing will be lost.

Another thing I am really looking for before moving to XenForo its a xenforo's theme designer. We want to make the switch smooth to our users so we're looking to pay someone to create a custom theme for us based on CompleteVB's "Life.Element" theme, which is the one we are currently using. Here's the link to the theme preview: http://www.completevb.com/product/38

Regarding our current addons, I'm pretty sure we will find some of them in the free section and maybe some not, in that case, is there a paid request section so we can hire a few coders to create addons for us ?

Budget is not a problem for us, we're looking to move ASAP with a theme similar to the one we currently use.

Thanks.

I think my forums, www.p8ntballer-forums.com will be best suited to answer these for you :D

The key to everything is to make sure you do a test transfer first. Ensure everything works 100% before you take the real one offline to do the upgrade.

In terms of technicalities, it comes down to your individual forum. For us to move over we had to have several unique importers made for us, which included those for paid subscriptions.

Addon wise, I can recommend Robbo, a great coder and hard working, if a little on the expensive side.

Themes, I reccomend Graeam at http://www.xenfocus.com/ who did the majority of our theme, which, to this day I think it one of the best custom themes on all XenForo.

Extra things to note, on a board such as yours you should consider the Enhanced Search solution if you have the server resources available to you.

If you need any help, or any other questions, feel free to ask or drop me a PM.

//Slav

Yes we will of course do a test forum and import our database to it before doing it in the live forum, also we will make many backups before doing anything.

I actually sent a custom theme request to xenfocus yesterday so I'm still waiting for that quote :)

About the importer, we currently have vb 4.1.9 and we're upgrading to vb 4.1.12. Does the xenforo importer supports vB 4.1.12 ? if not, where can I find a solution for this or who do you recommend me for this work ?

Yes we will of course do a test forum and import our database to it before doing it in the live forum, also we will make many backups before doing anything.

I actually sent a custom theme request to xenfocus yesterday so I'm still waiting for that quote :)

About the importer, we currently have vb 4.1.9 and we're upgrading to vb 4.1.12. Does the xenforo importer supports vB 4.1.12 ? if not, where can I find a solution for this or who do you recommend me for this work ?

The importer in the resources section should be fine to go from VB 4.1.12 > xf 1.1.1

If you have subscriptions, you will need to go via vb 4.1.12 > xf 1.0.3 > 1.1.1

Top Bottom