1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from VB 3.8 to Xenforo

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by rveram, Feb 28, 2014.

1. rveram

rveram Member

Hi guys, I'm the owner of http://ek9.org/forum and http;//www.foroshonda.com/foros.

After reading for weeks about xenforo I decided to make the move because my forum software is obsolete, right now I'm doing a test install for my smallest forum (foroshonda.com) and later I'm planning on moving my biggest forum (ek9.org). :)

As I'm typing this I'm doing a test install. And I'm very impressed with the importing interface I only had 2 issues with usernames that included a , not big deal :)

Unfortunately I will lose my user albums, but its not a big deal for foroshonda.com, but I'll need to find a solution for ek9.org in a near future.

I hope I don't struggle with nginx rewrites hehehe :) wish me luck.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Razasharp likes this.
  2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

With you luck! ;)

3. rveram

rveram Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are a few gallery add-ons available which may be of interest.
    Check the resources.

5. rveram

rveram Member

Thank you Brogan, I'll check it out.

My first migration test was successful, I don't know why the default forum avatars are not being imported.

I'm working on the style now. :)

No nginx issues btw! :D

6. rveram

rveram Member

After months of planning, I finally moved, and I'm very happy with the results :)

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

You can import your albums into xenmediagallery and your albums will amazing like never before.

8. rveram

rveram Member

I bought xenmediagallery , right now I'm figuring out how to make it work, I already imported all the albums :D

9. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :)

(felicitaciones!, ahora mismo no me cargan tus sitios :S)

10. rveram

rveram Member

Gracias, el proveedor de mi servidor dedicado tuvo unos problemas, pero ya se solucionaron.

Saludos :)

11. rveram

rveram Member

24 hours later, my members love xenforo, to all the users running vbulletin 3.8x I recommend them to move, best thing I've done for my community :)

emmy, thedude and Claudio like this.
  12. emmy

emmy Active Member

13. rveram

rveram Member

emmy likes this.
  14. rveram

rveram Member

2 days later after the migration I enabled xcache, no problems so far :)

15. emmy

emmy Active Member

rveram likes this.
  16. rveram

rveram Member

I just finished to move foroshonda.com. it took me around 3 hours max including the albums. since now i'm familiar with the xenforo interface after migrating ek9.org 5 months ago.

To all the forum admins running vbulletin 3.8; I recommend them to make the move, it's very easy now!