1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from EzPortal to XenForo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Ralph, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I have a forum with a large Data Base (diysecurityforum.com) I’m thinking about moving to XanForo from EzPortal. Can I expect any Data integration problems?
  2. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Cool board...

Ask Jake about doing the import for you.....

If you have a lot of other stuff (articles outside of the SMF), then you may want to leave them alone and move them over later into various add-ons and customizations.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if I can expect any other problems from switching Forum software.
    I forgot to mention that I’m also going to move the forum within the domain of homesecuritystore.com
    diysecurityforum.com to: homesecuritystore/forum
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

5. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

It goes without saying to start a few months early and do some testing. Do an import and install it behind a password and check it out yourself. Then bring your mods and a couple users in to bang on it. Meantime consider your style changes, icons, etc. - that way you don't have to test it live!
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Generally user passwords and post formatting is the main concern.

What version of SMF? It looks like passwords should automatically work coming from SMF 1.9 but not from SMF 2, though I may be able to manually do it.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

*Pats Mr. Bunce on the back* This guy is the man for the job! :)
  8. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

That's version 2 of SMF. The importer I made ages ago has the authentication class you need for passwords to work.
    Jake Bunce likes this.