XF 1.1 Moving forum to a testing location

Fredjo

Hello community !

I would like to move my forum to a testing location for safe testing ;) but I don't want to move the permissions.. because I want to create them from scratch.

What I have done so far is :
  • uploading installation files to the new location
  • installed the forum to the new location
Now I'd like to take all the existing files and move them to the new location : is that right ?
And I'd like to move all the database to the new location but NOT the permissions and usergroup permissions.. : how do I do that ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Fred

I'm sorry but I don't even know how to connect a SSH Shell to my server ... :oops:
Should I use the FTP login informations ?

You need to find out how whomever is hosting you has it set up. On my servers, you have to have an SSH key to be able to log in. No direct username/password access allowed.
Ask your host if you have shell access or not. If not, then I'll have to leave the DB stuff to someone else as I only do it via SSH. The rest of the transferring can be done via FTP.

I'm sorry but I don't even know how to connect a SSH Shell to my server ... :oops:
Should I use the FTP login informations ?

Sorry, I didn't fully answer this.

To check if you have SSH access, are you running Windows, Linux or OS/X? If OS/X or Linux, just from a terminal type in ssh yourdomain.com and it should prompt you for credentials (unless keys are being used). Try your ftp info.
If Windows, get puTTY and use it.

This is not a valid reason for a ticket.

You need to follow the steps posted in this thread and if you don't have the necessary skill, you can ask someone to help you do it by giving them access to your server(s) and consider employing a technical administrator to help you with any future related tasks.

Top Bottom