1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Forum Lisence

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by EchoThruMe, Apr 9, 2013.

1. EchoThruMe

EchoThruMe Member

Hello community,

I currently have xenforo forums set up on my site www.GameNTrain.com I am switching hosts to one which can not support the xenforo software.

I am looking to do one of the following and wondering which is easier and if either are doable.

1. Buy a new web domain and transfer the current forum to that address

2. Take the forum license and start a brand new forum on a new web domain

Am I even able to use this license to start a new forum after closing the old one? I just need some guidance here please. Thank you. (y)
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The license doesn't have any kind of rigid activation. It's more a matter of record keeping. You can start a different forum with the existing license. Just update the URL in your license info.
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  3. EchoThruMe

EchoThruMe Member

excellent, thank you.
  4. akysz

akysz Member

I've got a little bit similar situation, with the same title I wanted to ask :)
    A have akysz.net forum and want to move all forum (with all actual members, informations, themes , etc. ) to new domain name.
    This will be the same serwer, but a different catalogue.
    What should I do? Should I move all files from akysz.net catalogue on my serwer to the new one?
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The FAQ in my signature explains how to move an existing installation.