Moving back in

CBI Web

Well, it's been almost ten years since I announced my retirement from the Web development world. And my very last post as a casual observer here was in 2014. But here I am walking back into development. Not expecting to make a career of it as I did before, but we'll see where it takes me.

I have great memories of being here from the very beginning, and being part of its first couple of years getting started. So here I am again, with no particular plan, hoping to make another website or two with this software. Times have changed a LOT, I know; and forums aren't the go-to places they used to be. But I'm sure there's an audience for it.

Hope to make new friends here, and rekindle old ones. Sad to see a few "in memoriams" of old friends. :cry: But good to see a few of them still hanging around. :giggle:

Hello. Welcome back.

I'm just new here at Xen. But I've been using vBulletin from 2001 until the last 3.8.7. After that IB took over, Kier left and I fastly got out of there too just like others did. :)
Been around with some other software, but decided to come back at a place where I think I will get the old feeling and support back which Kier and some other known people gave in the early years.
And until now it seems I'm right and I've already seen some names from the early days, hoping to make new friends here too.

Indeed good to see people still hang around. ;)

Hello. Welcome back.

I'm just new here at Xen. But I've been using vBulletin from 2001 until the last 3.8.7. After that IB took over, Kier left and I fastly got out of there too just like others did. :)
Been around with some other software, but decided to come back at a place where I think I will get the old feeling and support back which Kier and some other known people gave in the early years.
And until now it seems I'm right and I've already seen some names from the early days, hoping to make new friends here too.

Indeed good to see people still hang around. ;)
Yup, I also started using vB in 2001 when I was made an admin of the forums for a company where I was the webmaster. In 2004 I bought a vB license, and created a couple sites with it (one of them being TechNutopia, now closed) and was very involved in their world, even becoming a tester for vb4 when it was alpha. But then things changed, as you know.

Thanks for the reply! 👋

Last edited:
Welcome back Cape Bretoner, :) Though I question your timing... airport shuts down one day, and the next day you are back. Coincidence? I think not. Well, enough of the accusations, it is good to have you back.

Sadly, there have been a few community members that have passed, but thanks to this forum, they will never be forgotten.

Stay safe, be kind, and all that jazz, :)

Hey Lawrence! Pretty cool you were there for the exit and here for the re-entrance. Nice to see you! But man.... it's whole different world since then.

Top Bottom