Moving attachments from S3 to default

EricJ

Hi, I've just moved servers for my small forum (XF2).

I was previously using AWS S3 with CloudFlare to host my attachments with the subdomain attachments.mydomain.com, so I have loads of image URLS like: https://attachments.mydomain.com/2018/08/1109_1711dfdf3a73ed071ef711c16b0f88c9.jpeg

Now I have moved server, outside of AWS and wish to start using the default local storage.

My question is, how do I move all the attachments over that are currently in S3 and update their URLs so they display correctly?

Thanks!

If not, there is a search & replace utility that would probably work for the content links.
2.x version
1.x version
As for moving them... they typically go into /data/attachments/x where x s a numeric identifier. This will be more problematic.

Were you using @xfrocks addon? If so, I believe there is an option to move things back local.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was, but I can't see an option to move them back local, only to keep a local copy when first setting it up. I coudln't do that due to lack of space.

If not, there is a search & replace utility that would probably work for the content links.
2.x version
1.x version
As for moving them... they typically go into /data/attachments/x where x s a numeric identifier. This will be more problematic.

Thanks very much, I'll look into this :)

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was, but I can't see an option to move them back local, only to keep a local copy when first setting it up. I coudln't do that due to lack of space.
On xF2, it's under Rebuild Caches and I'm pretty sure it's in the same place on xF1...

Just to let you know, I fixed it. The S3 bucket was using a subdomain attachments.mydomain.com; I just created the same subdomain on the new server and copied the files to that. Problem solved :)

Top Bottom