Lack of interest Attachments from CDN

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

SatGuyScott

I recently setup clound file storage through Digital Ocean using the following guide.

It works great, but do wish that all my attachments were also served from the CDN instead of just the avatars and thumbnails.

I know it would speed up my site greatly and also lower resources needed so I would love to see Xenforo be able to serve attachments from the CDN as well.

Thank you! :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I recently setup clound file storage through Digital Ocean using the following guide.

It works great, but do wish that all my attachments were also served from the CDN instead of just the avatars and thumbnails.

I know it would speed up my site greatly and also lower resources needed so I would love to see Xenforo be able to serve attachments from the CDN as well.

Thank you! :)
That can also be used to serve attachments (which is what I do).

That can also be used to serve attachments (which is what I do).
That add-on does not serve attachments through a CDN, it downloads them to your web server and renders them through PHP. It only directly serves attachment thumbnails, avatars, and video files (and anything else that goes into "data" - not "internal_data"). XF does this to keep permission checks working, but having an option to be able to serve the full image directly through a CDN would be incredibly useful for sites that don't expect any sort of privacy on image attachments

Top Bottom