MG 2.0 Moving albums to categories

CarpCharacin

I am working on a site, and we imported it from vB, the gallery on vb was PhotoPlog, so we imported it to sonnb XenGallery on 1.5 and then XenGallery to XFMG and then upgraded it to 2.0. On vb, the images were in categories, but when we imported from XenGallery, now they are in albums. Is there a way to move them back to categories?

When viewing the album, in the "..." overflow menu, there should be an option to "move album". This should also be available via inline moderation of the album.

I know, but albums are now what were originally categories in PhotoPlog. Is there a way to convert them back to categories without having to do it one by one, since there are a lot?

But the albums were originally categories on vB, so all of the images would have to be moved out of albums into categories. Is it normal for them to be imported that way? They were imported from sonnb XenGallery, which we used to import them from PhotoPlog on vB.

The only thing that matters is where you were finally importing from -- if they were in albums (or an equivalent of albums), then they would generally be imported into that in XFMG.

Note that you can move media to categories (from albums) in a fairly similar way to moving the albums themselves.

No categories were imported from Sonnb XenGallery, but I think the categories were imported on there from vB. It seems like now all the subcategories were imported as closed albums belonging to the user with user id 1.

So using the move album option would move all the media from the album into the category, or move the whole album into the category?
XFMG supports album categories, so if you're moving an album, you need to move it to that category and the album will be maintained.

Otherwise you need to move the media within the category to a media-only category.

I'm not looking to move the existing albums into categories, I am looking to turn the albums back into categories like they originally were on vB. Is there a way to make it happen without having to individually move all 6000 images back into categories?

Top Bottom