1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Moving 'About You' above 'Gender' in user profile

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by russoroni, Dec 17, 2013.

1. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

Can anyone tell me how I can move the 'About You' text above 'Gender' so that its the first thing under the 'About' heading? I'm assuming the answer lies in the member_view template.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I see an "About," which is already above "Gender," but I don't see any "About You."
  3. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

I'm talking about the summary about yourself that you put in your user details. It shows up underneath the gender, homepage, location etc. I want to move it so that it's directly underneath the 'About'

ScreenHunter_10 Dec.jpg
  4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

5. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

I agree but I'd be happy if I could just edit the template to move the 'About You' info. I'm sure that I'll think of some other changes that I want to make at some point but right now this thing really irritates me. It just looks wrong.
  6. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

I just read your must have addons article @BamaStangGuy . I never knew about the metamirror addon. I'm going to use it. Thanks.
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, just edit the template and move the code accordingly.
  8. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

I'm actually installing 'About e by Waindingo. Apparently it's an option with it. I'm perplexed by the member_view template.
  9. russoroni

russoroni Active Member