Lack of interest Move the lock icon onto thread avatar

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't want to look like I'm in prison if a thread of mine gets locked (for whatever reason). Imagine a new person to forums coming in and seeing a lock (negative connotation, generally) on top of their avatar - what would their impression be?

Then about about pinned/sticked and redirect threads? So far all the icons appear on the right side of the thread title.

I don't want to look like I'm in prison if a thread of mine gets locked (for whatever reason). Imagine a new person to forums coming in and seeing a lock (negative connotation, generally) on top of their avatar - what would their impression be?

what would you propose instead ? :)

I went on a manhunt looking for this supposed lock icon. Trying to find that tiny 16x16px icon was not very intuitive, especially since it's floated to the right. I know that most forums would use a custom skin anyway, but at least make the icon larger if you're bent on not moving it somewhere more eye-placement-worthy.

I went on a manhunt looking for this supposed lock icon. Trying to find that tiny 16x16px icon was not very intuitive, especially since it's floated to the right. I know that most forums would use a custom skin anyway, but at least make the icon larger if you're bent on not moving it somewhere more eye-placement-worthy.
I believe they said the current icons being used are going to be replaced later on, but I'm not sure if that means the size will change. I personally think they're fine.

A lock on a thread is like tossing fresh meat to a group of sharks, people will quite quickly figure out which threads are locked then scurry over to read them so they can read why it was locked. I really like it the way it is.

A lock on a thread is like tossing fresh meat to a group of sharks, people will quite quickly figure out which threads are locked then scurry over to read them so they can read why it was locked. I really like it the way it is.
If you don't want them to read it, then move it to trash/rubbish/insert-your-garbage-thread-collecting-subforum-name-here. I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid regarding XF leaving it the way it is, but of course people are going to want to read a locked thread that's in plain view, it's human nature.

Top Bottom