1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Move Post - in Redirected Thread - Post lost

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by au lait, Mar 3, 2016.

1. au lait

au lait Well-Known Member

it seems there is a bug when a moderator is using the wrong URL (Redirect Thread URL)... which could result in severe consequences because it lost the post.

Please watch the video

The URL for the Field "Existing Thread Thread URL:" MUST be a redirectet URL bevor redirect ;)

the Thread
    redirect to

In the "Existing Thread Thread URL:" insert -> https://xenforo.com/community/threa...um-members-based-on-their-uk-location.113332/
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    the_darkness_x likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm not able to reproduce this. In fact, I get an error letting me know the URL was invalid:

3. au lait

au lait Well-Known Member

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I may have misunderstood. I'll try again on my laptop at college.
    au lait likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I can confirm this, though I'd guess it's some sort of design limitation as there really should be no reason to move posts into a redirect, but rather the new destination thread.
    au lait likes this.
  6. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a design limitation here. It should be a rather simple fix by making sure the target thread doesn't have discussion_type = 'redirect'.
    Amaury and au lait like this.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've fixed this now, thanks. You won't be able to move/copy into a redirect.
    au lait, Amaury and the_darkness_x like this.