• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Move Own Threads

borbole

This mod will allow you to set an extra permission for your groups, to move their own threads.

This can make the staff work easier if users after they realised that they started a thread in the wrong forum, they can move it themselves in the right forum. Or in a case like this for example:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-forum-restructure-moving-threads.16294/

As you can all see, the forums have been restructured.

It's going to take some time to locate and move all of the threads to the correct forums, so if you are aware of any of your own threads which need moving, please post a link to them here.

Ideally if people could only post links to threads they have created, that will avoid any duplicates.

Thanks

You can set the permissions for this on 3 levels.

1) On a forum per forum basis. To do that go to your Acp->Applications->Node Permissions, choose the forum/s and group/groups that you want to allow users to move their own threads and under the Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Move threads by self: Set it to yes and save the changes.

2) On a group per group basis. To do that go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to allow to move their own threads and under the Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Move threads by self: Set it to yes and save the changes.

3) On an individual user basis. To do that go to User Permissions, choose the user/s that you want to allow to move their own threads and under the Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Move threads by self: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To have a better idea as to how this mod looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 5 dollars. (For the subsribers free)

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

If you are interested in purchasing this mod then please contact me in private either here or at my own forum.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• 1 Moving Own Threads - XenForo_1307031658966.webp
    1 Moving Own Threads - XenForo_1307031658966.webp
    27 KB · Views: 93
  • 2 Moving Own Threads - XenForo_1307030705629.webp
    2 Moving Own Threads - XenForo_1307030705629.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 3 Admin CP - XenForo_1307030726623.webp
    3 Admin CP - XenForo_1307030726623.webp
    4 KB · Views: 89
Whats the difference between buying the mod and a "subscribers fee"?

If you susbscribe you will have unlimited access to all the premium mods at my forum for the whole period that the subscription is active. That goes for the current and future mods.

If you susbscribe you will have unlimited access to all the premium mods at my forum for the whole period that the subscription is active. That goes for the current and future mods.

OK that makes sense - except, its $5 for this one and $10 for the age forum...
Wouldn't the age forum be one of the premium mods the subscribers fee would enable?

Not trying to bust your chops, just curious...

OK that makes sense - except, its $5 for this one and $10 for the age forum...
Wouldn't the age forum be one of the premium mods the subscribers fee would enable?

Not trying to bust your chops, just curious...

The subscriber fee goes for all the premium mods regardless of their individual prices.

Top Bottom