XF 1.5 Move old XF to a subdomin

KSA

I have upgraded my site to the XF2.0 and I would like to move the old XF along with its data to a subdomains using my recent full backup of the old XF.

Any idea how to do that?

I have created a subdomin already but having a hard time executing the next step. Do I have to install a fresh XF1 to the subdomin database and then upload the backup file to it? or just upload the backup file directly to the database?

Your host would likely be best positioned to help there (as they could import the database independent of any cPanel limits).

Your host would likely be best positioned to help there (as they could import the database independent of any cPanel limits).
Thankx a bunch @Mike. I have managed to sort that out however I get error when attempting to login or browse the forum I login through admin.php then back to the /forums. So basically clicking on any link will give url not found and trigger a 404 error.
Not Found
The requested URL /login/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not Found
The requested URL /members/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not Found
The requested URL /forums/members-introduction.4/ was not found on this server.

Not Found
The requested URL /posts/29708/ was not found on this server.

It sounds like your .htaccess file is missing. You may need to check if that was uploaded. If not, you can rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and that should hopefully resolve the issue.

Top Bottom