Move Menu Items

Xarcell

So I have xenCarta, User Albums, Shoutbox, etc, etc. Now there are waaaay too many main menu items. I really hate xF's menu system.

Anyway...

How can I move "User Albums" menu item to members dropdown links, but the sublinks still show on User Albums homepage.

I'm wanting to move alot of things around to save space by moving main menu items to other main menu dropdowns, but retain the sublinks in the secondary row.

For example: how can I move main "User Albums" menu item to the "Members" set of dropdown links, but the sublinks of "User Albums" still show on the secondary row of the "User Albums" homepage?

So I have xenCarta, User Albums, Shoutbox, etc, etc. Now there are waaaay too many main menu items. I really hate xF's menu system.

I'm wanting to move alot of things around to save space by moving main menu items to other main menu dropdowns, but retain the sublinks in the secondary row.

Indeed.
xF 1.0 is forum only software and doesn't address this, thus far. vB never did a good job.
Make sure you like the first post here.
I think it was predictable Addon makers would be adding Tabs, but there is no easy way for them to do this.
There was this addon ... not sure what happened.

How can I move "User Albums" menu item to members dropdown links, but the sublinks still show on User Albums homepage.

Sorry not sure.
This is related ...

Here is a post dealing with removing sublinks from the Navigation menu.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/remove-sublinks-from-navigation-menu.18478/#post-239247

For example: how can I move main "User Albums" menu item to the "Members" set of dropdown links
If you move User Albums under the Members Tab ... you should call it Member Albums, or Member Gallery.

The problem is that the row of sublinks belongs to the parent tab. If you remove the parent tab then those sublinks are homeless. You can add them to a different tab but that hardly makes sense.

Here is an idea... add this to EXTRA.css to hide a specific tab if it's not selected:

Rich (BB code):
.navTabs .navTab.gallery.PopupClosed
{
	display: none;
}

You need to specify the name of the tab which is in the HTML source. For example:

Rich (BB code):
			<li class="navTab gallery Popup PopupControl PopupClosed">

<a href="index.php?gallery/" class="navLink">Gallery</a>
				<a href="index.php?gallery/" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly tabMenu">
					<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">

<h3>Gallery</h3>
						<div class="muted">Quick Links</div>
					</div>
					<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
						<li><a href="index.php?gallery/">Main Gallery</a></li>
						<li><a href="index.php?gallery/">Your Gallery</a></li>
					</ul>

</div>
			</li>

Then you can manually add the link to another tab like this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-latest-threads-to-navbar.8502/

When you click the link the hidden tab will show up with all of its sublinks.

You need to specify the name of the tab which is in the HTML source. For example:

Rich (BB code):
<li class="navTab gallery Popup PopupControl PopupClosed">

<a href="index.php?gallery/" class="navLink">Gallery</a>
<a href="index.php?gallery/" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly tabMenu">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">

<h3>Gallery</h3>
<div class="muted">Quick Links</div>
</div>
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
<li><a href="index.php?gallery/">Main Gallery</a></li>
<li><a href="index.php?gallery/">Your Gallery</a></li>
</ul>

</div>
</li>

Where would I be able to find this? HTML Source?

i know that much but I can not seem to find that Red option in the class Only displays this

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed">
                    <a href="http://downwithdestruction.net/forum/index.php?categories/154/" class="navLink">League Of Legends</a>

</li>

i know that much but I can not seem to find that Red option in the class Only displays this

Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed">
                    <a href="http://downwithdestruction.net/forum/index.php?categories/154/" class="navLink">League Of Legends</a>

</li>

That's a bug. I reported it here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/extratabid-missing-from-nav-tab.25643/

It's a simple fix that you can apply yourself by editing the navigation template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation

You might think of using Jake's nodes-as-tabs
ANY node can have a tab.
Any item below can be a node by using a Link Forum. These do not have to display in the node tree - they can serve purely as supports for links below a tab. So make a Forum Link to whatever you want to go below, and nodes-as-tabs will then place it for you.

You might think of using Jake's nodes-as-tabs
ANY node can have a tab.
Any item below can be a node by using a Link Forum. These do not have to display in the node tree - they can serve purely as supports for links below a tab. So make a Forum Link to whatever you want to go below, and nodes-as-tabs will then place it for you.

that is actually what i am using. and needed to hide certain node tabs when one is selected :)

Top Bottom