move from v bulletin

mr c

Hi
I run a Vbulletin forum were we have subscriptions(yearly)
Can I move to a xenforo forum and retain current subscriptions and also let members pay for subscriptions after we become a xenforo forum

Subscriptions in vbulletin do not carry over. People will be able to purchase new subscriptions. Also: The IPN messages from paypal will bounce because XenForo has a different url and format. If enough IPN messages bounce then PayPal will disable IPN which means that XenForo account upgrades will stop to work. Once that happens people are still able to purchase, but it will not cause a member group upgrade.

As you have yearly upgrades it seems to me that you can manage it manually for a year or so until the old vb subscriptions are gone and only new ones are in xenforo.

yes we can but id rather not as that was why we moved to vbuletin for the automated subscription facility
xenforo is far better so maybe at some stage this could be written in to it ?
i wont be able to purchase for my client without it unfortunately which is a shame as it is far superior in my opinion
Thanks for the reply

I have faced the very same dilemma because 50% of my subscriptions on my big board is recurring. I could not loose this. So what I did was: let the vbulletin subscriptions run. They keep coming in.
Then review end dates of the vb subscriptions and replicate these in xenforo. Use @Xon 's Expiring Upgrades reminder so that members receive an email and alert that they need to renew. This actually increases income.
I then manually managed the xenforo upgrades by keeping an eye on payments.

But to solve this you could hire a developer to see if the old IPN can be parsed into XF somehow. Or at least prevent the IPN bounce. This will keep XenForo Account Upgrades working.

Top Bottom