Lack of interest Most prolific contributors per forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

One of my sales guys just had what I think is a great idea.
A list of the most prolific posters shown in each forum.
Not just the members with the most posts, but those with the most posts in the last week or month.
That way, members with vast post counts but who haven't visited for ages are ignored.
Maybe the list is updated daily for the previous day to save on database usage.
If you're on the list you could get a trophy. Or maybe if you've been on it for a certain number of days in a month.
The list is designed to encourage people to return and post often.

There is a potential problem that people on the list might get approached privately in conversations for answers. For this reason, people can elect not to be on the list if they don't want to be.

Is the idea a goer?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can see the need for this for certain situations (as a modification), but I would use trophy points instead of posts. In theory that would take into account the usefulness of the posts, at least a little bit.

Some people may have 1000 posts in a forum in a month, but haven't been on in a year and thus aren't being productive.
Question still isn't answered, why would they be ignored? If they haven't been around in two years but come back and answer a question- that answer shouldn't go ignored.

??? Why would the answer go ignored? His idea has nothing to do with the thread view or anything. It's just a way to promote active members.

The idea is to show 'hot' members. Hot in the sense that they are particularly active, not in...any other sense :)
If someone hasn't posted for ages, they aren't 'hot'.
Accumulation of trophy points or likes might work, but doesn't take into account regular posting.

Top Bottom