Most Likes

Most Likes 2.8

No permission to download
@AndyB is there a way to make this work with Widget Framework? Can I use Sidebar Positions and Widget Framework at the same time?

Hi Andy!

We have discovered an inconsistency with this addon that we would like to share with you today.

This addon is enabled to show the last '7' days of likes, which appears to be working in general and shows properly on the main forum page. However, if you want to drill down into where those likes are counted from, it does not always match up the way it should.

For instance, we click on the number of likes for one user and it displays a list of threads where a a like was received and which users gave the likes. But, some of the threads that show in that list don't actually have posts from that user contained within. If you click the thread/post link, it goes to the right thread but the target post isn't for the user we clicked on and moreover, they may not even be any likes on the post that it was directly linked to. (Note: In some cases, there were likes counted on threads that had not been posted in or liked since 2014, 2015, etc. So, it definitely should not have been counted.)

Thank you for taking a look at our report. :)

About my report above, it was confirmed and @AndyB provided a very quick fix which is working nicely.

I assume he'll update the version here soon!

Thanks so much!

Just wondering if this add-on counts the total amount of likes based on the 'Post Ratings' add-on by Luke. (meaning does it include all the ratings that people may use, as most people on my forum are not using 'like' but the ratings I have configured alongside like)

(Edit: I received the answer from Andy that no, it does not support Post Ratings.)

Last edited:
Great addon Andy, as usual.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to exclude a usergroup from being featured?
I dont want admins being featured because I would be #1 every week and I'd rather have my users have the opportunity to be featured as #1.

Hi Andy

I am wondering if you know how we could get your "Most Likes" widget to run inside the [bd] Widget Framework.
- this is for another motorcycle forum at gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/

I see the question was asked in 2016, but the solution another member provided then does not help us now

Kind regards
Ben

AndyB updated Most Likes with a new update entry:

See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 2.6 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 2.6 or released before Jan 1, 2016 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom