XF 1.4 more trouble again help

Ian S

ok right so today i thought id do a exact copy of our dev site running along side the other so people can still play with it, i made a new db user and password i directed the config to it, all works fine except for when i try and log in i get a incorrect password error:eek::eek::confused: its a exact port of the other dev site and data in db, i checked in xf db and my user etc is there, weird thing is the xmapp version works and the original dev site works, the dev2 just wont let me in and obviously i need to carry on playing with xf
any ideas??

thanx(y)

yes i suppose they are is that not allowed in xf?? but one copy the web address is only known by me but i suppose it still public, can i temporary use the 2nd account just for me

Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL. Any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked.

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

cool thanx so i need to register the original for the public and the other for the test in the customer area, sorry also i didnt relize this

the original wont be shut down will it

regards as always

cool thanx so i need to register the original for the public and the other for the test in the customer area
No, you need to register the public URL in your customer account.

Any test installation must be password protected and limited to your site staff only.

ok thanx ive just checked and the correct site is registered, im sorry to ask brogan could you advice how i can password protect my test installation, id appreciate that if possible thanx

i dont have cpanel can i just use the ip protection will that work for the test installation matey
Unless someone spoofs your IP and can get through. Generally it's easier just to do the .htaccess routine... you don't have to have cPanel for that... I find that joe works just fine (joe is a neat little text editor for Linux) if you have SSH access.

host was using apache but now its nginx i think thats what it says when i access phpmyadmin mate

im using the plesk 12 panel matey have you got any ideas where i can find the password to protect it

host was using apache but now its nginx i think thats what it says when i access phpmyadmin mate
im using the plesk 12 panel matey have you got any ideas where i can find the password to protect it
Not in plesk.. but it's a simple matter of following that guide, using the file browser to browse to your test install directory and edit the .htaccess and do the password protection there. Of course, there needs to be a htaccess password file generated, which I'm sure plesk can do.
I found a few guides for it
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/plesk/plesk-10/password-protecting-directories-in-plesk
http://www.shaunfreeman.name/password-protected-a-subdomain-in-parallels-plesk-11-5/
https://sitedart.net/manage-my-webs.../how-to-password-protect-a-directory-in-plesk

thanx tracy i really appreciate ya help, the .htaccess file is easy accessable so basically follow the guide brogan said?? i can check plesk again as im logged in now but plesk 12 is very different to 10 but ill check, have you got the code for your .htaccess file?? i can change the ip or do i need to generate a password somewho

ok been out all day but just got time to try it and it still dont work:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i used the plesk panel to password the root and i used the ip protect in both .htacess files i get 3 attempts then im locked out as password is wrong and have to reimport the database to start again, im not sure what to try next:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Implementing .htaccess password auth has absolutely nothing to do with the database.

You should consider employing the services of a sysadmin.

i meant that basically because i only get 3 password attempts, i have to reimport the master again as it didnt let me in, i though you said i was allowed to use a test xf on top of the original site xf, ill swap the licence link later but i bet it works, so is there any way i can have my test site for myself and the dev site working fully to public

many thanks again

Top Bottom