XF 1.4 more trouble again help

Ian S

ok right so today i thought id do a exact copy of our dev site running along side the other so people can still play with it, i made a new db user and password i directed the config to it, all works fine except for when i try and log in i get a incorrect password error:eek::eek::confused: its a exact port of the other dev site and data in db, i checked in xf db and my user etc is there, weird thing is the xmapp version works and the original dev site works, the dev2 just wont let me in and obviously i need to carry on playing with xf
any ideas??

thanx(y)

Your single test installation is meant for yourself, but must be protected. You cannot have a public test installation on top of your life install.

its not mate my test installation as i said is ip / host password protected and still dont work, i have 1 live dev site(public) and 1 test site on a different url with host password protect and modded .htaccess files i still cant get it to work, ive followed the guides and nothings worked

its not mate my test installation as i said is ip / host password protected and still dont work, i have 1 live dev site(public) and 1 test site on a different url with host password protect and modded .htaccess files i still cant get it to work, ive followed the guides and nothings worked

anyone ive tried this too https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-duplicate-a-live-site-to-use-as-a-test-site.2792/

that didnt work either, i have to put user and password in now to even access the url where the test site is and it still dont work

I'm going to assume you did import the DB into a new name one and change the config.php to reflect the new DB name and username/password combo?

I'm going to assume you did import the DB into a new name one and change the config.php to reflect the new DB name and username/password combo?

yes all have been changed so theres no confusion, its just strange that ive protected it and it still dont work i even tried the master sql no joy

Try this:http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess3.shtml
I can't password protect my admin from cPanel either. The link above will generate the two files you need to password your test site. Just ftp them to your site.

this did the exact same as my plesk panel did i entered user/pass and got to site but still have the same problem xf thinks im still using 2 sites i want to have a test installation but nothing works

Top Bottom