"More Options..." in Ajax

Aaha, You mean the button 'More Options...' under the quick editor?
I'm not sure but maybe there is a good reason for that. If not then I'd like to use Ajax or whatever if it going to be better.
So, +1.

We are in the modern era now, and we hate how each pages loads, so I was wondering if the "More Option.." can use the ajax rather than loading to the page.

There's no real reason to use it, actually, since pretty much everything you need is in the Quick Reply box. The only thing on that screen is the option to watch the thread, which you can also do while viewing the thread anyway.

There's no real reason to use it, actually, since pretty much everything you need is in the Quick Reply box. The only thing on that screen is the option to watch the thread, which you can also do while viewing the thread anyway.

There is also the 'Preview' feature in the Advanced editor page.

If you're using the WYSIWYG editor, you're already getting a preview. ;)

Yep, but I am talking about the button too. Also the WYSIWYG editor is not completely as the 'Preview', for instants, it does not show the quote as it showed in the preview. :)

Well, I think preview button could be added by Ajax or whatever, and when clicking the preview button then the preview will appear just like the member card or something like that.

Yeah, even still Preview and "Watch this thread..." should somehow be put on quick reply then we wouldn't need that "More Option.." button, now would we?

I agree.
And because of the 'Upload a File' is now available in the editor, I think there is no need to go to the 'More Options...' Page just for the 'Preview' feature.
I think it might -possibly- be better if they replace the 'More Options...' button with the 'Preview' button. And then when clicking on the preview button the previewed post/thread will load in bluebox/lightbox/Highslide or whatever (Something similar to the Member Card).

Just my 2 cents. :)

I believe the intent is to have the software operate as easily without java script as it does with java script. You may want to turn off js and walk through the process of making a post, including formatting, attaching files and pictures. XF looks like a good design to me.

I believe the intent is to have the software operate as easily without java script as it does with java script. You may want to turn off js and walk through the process of making a post, including formatting, attaching files and pictures. XF looks like a good design to me.

Then make it go to the Advance Editor when JS is off (only when JS is off). Just like many things are in XF now.

Then make it go to the Advance Editor when JS is off (only when JS is off). Just like many things are in XF now.

No offense, but have you actually turned off js and experimented, and thought about the way things are now, with the existing labels and functions?

No offense, but have you actually turned off js and experimented, and thought about the way things are now, with the existing labels and functions?

As a matter of fact Yes, I've done that. And I always do disable JS from time to time.
The way that I suggested is just like what happens when you click on the avatar if JS is disabled. I don't say why that can't be done with the 'Preview'. Unless there is something I'm now aware of. ;)

Top Bottom