• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

More a general question .... post installation ....

Anthony Parsons

I don't think we need to do anything... I just went into the install directory, it asks you to login, then it states no upgrade is available, which I presume is because no newer file versions have been uploaded.

My understanding... it poses no threat by default.

Ruven

What if you abort an install and want to start fresh again, will that file be automatically deleted?
I might not be understanding you right.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
What if you abort an install and want to start fresh again, will that file be automatically deleted?
I might not be understanding you right.
No, deleting it automatically would totally defeat the point. :) The point is to ensure that you have access to the server in order to trigger a reinstall, which will necessarily wipe out any of your existing data.

Ruven

No, deleting it automatically would totally defeat the point. :) The point is to ensure that you have access to the server in order to trigger a reinstall, which will necessarily wipe out any of your existing data.
So which is the file that is preventing me from reinstalling?

erich37

I do not understand: does the install-directory needs to get deleted or not ?
when does it need to get deleted ? when not ?

g0rn

I do not understand: does the install-directory needs to get deleted or not ?
when does it need to get deleted ? when not ?
If you wish you may delete it. But that is not required as you cannot reinstall XenForo without having access to the server (you need to remove a file to reinstall).